[SC] Visitor Menu - Font Awesome

[SC] Visitor Menu - Font Awesome 1.0.0

No permission to download

SyTry

SyTry submitted a new resource:

Add Font Awesome icons in the user menu - Add Font Awesome icons

Hi,

Today I share a tutorial under xenForo 2.0 : Add Font Awesome icons in the user menu !

Replace your account_visitor_menu template with this :
Code:
<div class="menu-row menu-row--highlighted">
    <xf:macro name="visitor_panel_row" />
</div>

<xf:macro name="visitor_panel_row">
    <div class="contentRow">
        <div class="contentRow-figure">
            <xf:avatar user="{$xf.visitor}" size="m" href="" notooltip="true" update="{{ link('account/avatar', $xf.visitor) }}"...

Read more about this resource...

Looks good :)

I don't know if it's what the XF team would recommend, but personally I would suggest making this into an actual add-on rather than a template replacement. If you were to do that, you could add a setting group in the options which would let users customise each of the icons, and you could use template modifications to apply the icons, rather than replacing the full template.

I know XF's template merging engine is very good, but as someone who used to admin a vB forum, I have a severe template customisation allergy :P

If that's something you'd be interested in, but you're not sure how to do it, I could do it for you and attach the resulting add-on here for you to test and update this resource with? Let me know your thoughts :)

In either case, good job with this!

Fillip

I don't know if it's what the XF team would recommend, but personally I would suggest making this into an actual add-on rather than a template replacement. If you were to do that, you could add a setting group in the options which would let users customise each of the icons, and you could use template modifications to apply the icons, rather than replacing the full template.

I know XF's template merging engine is very good, but as someone who used to admin a vB forum, I have a severe template customisation allergy :p

If that's something you'd be interested in, but you're not sure how to do it, I could do it for you and attach the resulting add-on here for you to test and update this resource with? Let me know your thoughts :)

Fillip

I would happily use this addon.

I know XF's template merging engine is very good, but as someone who used to admin a vB forum, I have a severe template customisation allergy :p

Fillip
Hi, thank you for your opinion. I use template modifications instead of modifying the basic code, but for this tutorial I directly share it as such!
The idea of an extension is really cool but it's not really my thing especially under 2.0..
If you know how to do it for this tutorial I could surely adapt my other tutorials according to the base of your extension!

Thanks again :D

I like this add-on and have been using but I noticed that the icons and the phrases aren't aligned as seen in the screenshot, any way of aligning them so it looks neat?

lol.webp

I just noticed this, but has then turned into an add-on rather than a template edit? Because that is what I originally did when you first made this thread. If that is the case, I will revert the changes and upload the add-on? Also have you fixed the alignment or still learning? :P

I just noticed this, but has then turned into an add-on rather than a template edit? Because that is what I originally did when you first made this thread. If that is the case, I will revert the changes and upload the add-on? Also have you fixed the alignment or still learning? :p
It's not really an extension but rather than modifying the template, it creates template modifications :
Screenshot_1.webp

For alignment, I am always looking for. ;)

likes phrase icon is not displayed in front of like in visitor panel, what to do?

Top Bottom