• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Saving templates permission denied

Michael

Hey everyone,

I keep getting permission denied when saving templates, the data and internal data folders are set to 777 including their subdirectories. Is this correct? What should the .data file permissions be as well as everything else under these two folders? 644?

Thank you :)

Andrej

Hey everyone,

I keep getting permission denied when saving templates, the data and internal data folders are set to 777 including their subdirectories. Is this correct?
You only need to CHMOD data and internal_date folders, not the subdirectories I believe.

Michael

It must be recursive but regardless, templates aren't saved to those directories unless you have caching implemented.
It that recursive 777 on directories? I do have caching implemented and when saving a template/phrase I get the permission denied error.

Michael

Just checked there and that directory is 777 and when I save a template it gives the error:

file_put_contents(/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.10,L.1,account_personal_details.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
^this^

If you have shell access then try running these commands to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

chmod -R 777 internal_data
You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw errors with 777.