XF 1.5 Saving Posts Deleted From Moderation Queue

Steve Freides

We use Spam Cleaner, configured to save the posts in the moderation queue to an Admin-only area rather than delete them.

When I have a post in the moderation queue that I want to delete, where does it go? I don't have any opportunity to communicate with the user or save it anywhere, and I can find no trace of it. Is there a way to get what I'd like - move the post to a pre-determined area rather than delete it?

-S-

Since nobody has responded... How about approving the post and immediately sending it where you want it to go after it becomes visible? It would be visible for a short time, but with a little luck, nobody will be offended by it in the short time it's visible. Would that do what you want?

It is deleted in place - whichever thread it is in.

Instead of deleting it, click the link to go to the post and use inine mod to move it.
That can be done while the post is still unapproved.

Thank you both for your replies.

I had figured some of this out on my own but when I tried to login here a day or two ago, I got server errors and then didn't get back to it.

@Brogan, I saw that the message was deleted in place when I happened to visit the thread from which I'd deleted the post in question, so I moved it to my admin-only section. Interestingly, after I moved it, it told me, when I tried to reply to it, that I had insufficient rights to do so. Undeleting it solved that problem, and then I did what I usually do, which was compose a reply in the thread in the admin-only section of my forum to preserve a history of what had happened, explaining why I deleted the post.

The Spam Cleaner add-on is brilliant in this regard - I configured to, instead of deleting things, put them into my admin-only area, and it's no fuss, no bother that way for me. I can go there and annotate to my heart's content but at my leisure, and dealing with the posts I delete manually from the moderation queue is a whole lot more work - great if it could work the way the Spam Cleaner add-on does, IMHO.

@Bill Stuntz, my problem with immediately approving a post is that it _immediately_ sends out email to people watching the thread, which does exactly what I don't want, namely preserve the contents of the message for posterity outside of our forum. The only choice is to do what @Brogan suggests and I described recently figuring out.

FWIW, I had some regular users who are in permanent moderation - I have to review all their posts because they're basically OK contributors but they sometimes fly off the handle and unleash an ad hominem attack or otherwise violate our code of conduct. It is posts from these people that I'm trying manage in the most efficient way possible while preserving a trail of my actions.

-S-

Top Bottom