Fixed  Save via WebDAV triggers '500 internal server error

Doesn't anyone else use WebDAV?

I do, but I use NetDrive to mount, then open the templates with notepad++ to do my editing. Haven't really had any issues so to speak, cept the brain farts in using the correct xen template syntax lol

No, I just copy and paste into my next editor (Notepad++), edit as required, paste back into textarea.

Always an option, but I find I usually have at least 5-10 files open at a time.

I've also re-written a good chunk of the public-facing CSS. I'll eventually merge this with the Xenforo base CSS files and have on trimmed down file for my theme.

It's a personal preference, but I find the single-property-per-line CSS very hard to work with. 10,000+ lines, some lines just have a bracket. Ugh. Sorry, a bit off-topic :)

It's most odd that I do almost all of the XenForo template and CSS authoring and yet have never encountered this. Maybe Dreamweaver traps the error...

Yes, weird that it's letting you save the files. The variable typo results in:
  • Transmit: Silently fails and corrupts current style + default Xenforo style and admin.
  • Coda: 500 server error
  • Cyberduck: 500 server error
Note that I'm testing this on a stock, fresh install as well. Not just the one with my changes :)

I generally use Textmate for everything, but have stuck with Coda for any Xenforo template work, just to have everything in one place.

I now have all of the Xenforo CSS + customisations in one trimmed down external stylesheet. It feels a bit faster, and Chrome dev tools show it to be measurably a tiny bit quicker on total average page load times. It's just under 120KB of styles, but gets cached right away since it's the same CSS on every page. Also, I know that I can get this trimmed down further.

Top Bottom