XF 2.0 Random 500 Internal Server Errors

KensonPlays

I have talked with my host, Siteground, and no errors show on their end, nothing on my end of cPanel, nothing in Chrome's Console, and nothing in the Xenforo error log.

Getting random 500 Internal Server Errors. Sometimes it appears for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. Completely random.

I have not installed any addons in the last 24 hours. The only changes I made to the file structure was adding some images to my /img/ directory.

EDIT: It isn't only me. Some others are getting it on occasion too.

Last edited:
If we presume they are right and nothing has logged (errors can be suppressed), presumably it's only happening for you else they would be on top of this by now.

Try it like this:

Default xenforo htaccess
Default theme
All addons disabled
Cache disabled (if used)

See if you still get the errors.

Not just me, one or two others have experienced it, I will update OP.

.htaccess is xenforo default.

I don't think it's a addon? I haven't added one in over 24 hours and it only started a couple hours ago.

Try the above, it should rule out anything on your end (unless you have something besides xenforo on there)
No other active 'software' on it. Just images in various folders, and a custom PHP script that has no relation or connection to XF. It's a custom script for my stream chat bot.

Don't think it's the theme, running Tactical from ThemeHouse, but I can check.

I think cache is off?

Addons I can try after theme, but that will be later today.

Yeah, it's possible that it may just happen when the servers at its peak hours, there are at least 62 other domains on that server (just checked)

Top Bottom