Satellite Sites

• Thread starter Thread starter Nelson T.
  • Start date Start date
N

Nelson T.

We own additional domain names for investment and to protect our brand.

The thought occurred to me to use them as satellite sites to draw users to our main site.

Has anyone done this, and, if so, what software have you used to make the satellite site templates?

Xencentral Multisites, Siropu custom tabs and various major addons. And by hiding some stuff in extra.css template.

Xencentral Multisites, Siropu custom tabs and various major addons. And by hiding some stuff in extra.css template.

Xencentral requires multiple Xenforo licenses. The custom tab addon does not seem to create satellite sites.

I do not want to point all the url's to our site. I want to create separate satellite sites .
Wordpress is not an option due to security problems that I have seen with it.

Xencentral requires multiple Xenforo licenses. The custom tab addon does not seem to create satellite sites.
You will always need multiple licenses for satellite sites. The custom tabs addon can be used in combination with Multisite, so that you can hide or show specific nav links per site.

What I want to do is pull some articles from our site to show on the satellite site to get people to visit.

I suppose I could use the newsletter addon's html to do the same thing.

Top Bottom