Safari push notifications coming to macOS and iOS

Hope it all goes smoothly. Unlimited coffee and chocolate Hob Nobs for you.
Not currently working on that because I'd like to see the next iOS beta as there are a few things which I feel aren't working as they should as it is, and I'm hoping they get addressed and it will be interesting to see what other changes may be made.

You don’t have PWA setup on your site

I have it setup on my site, and it doesn't seem to work when I add the site to my home screen, I also have the same issues with this site, while I am on the new beta, I have yet to make it work, I also did the Push API toggle in Safari settings.

To be clear; not currently supported out of the box in XF 2.2.12. We need to make changes.
Right, I apologize, I was under the impression I could still see the test alert since someone mentioned in the thread making it work. I did see you mentioned that some of the changes might include better controls to go back and stuff.

iOS 16.4 is expected to be released in March. Still some time left but not much time for a XF 2.2.13 update.
Why not? there are not that many adjustments to make in order to enable push notifications for iOS for XF. Could also be released as a patch to the current version. Anyway, could also be added via an add-on

Why not? there are not that many adjustments to make in order to enable push notifications for iOS for XF. Could also be released as a patch to the current version. Anyway, could also be added via an add-on
Would be a good push for them to get people to renew as well, there have been no substantial updates to Xenforo in a long time.

Would be a good push for them to get people to renew as well, there have been no substantial updates to Xenforo in a long time.
Most people don’t care for new features all the time. They just want a platform that works. I guess most licensed owners renew their license to receive security and bug fixes.

Most people don’t care for new features all the time. They just want a platform that works. I guess most licensed owners renew their license to receive security and bug fixes.
Tell that to Android, MS, Apple, etc who regularly roll out new content/features to keep their users engaged. We're not expecting Xenforo to do this on a regular basis but at this point they've all but abandoned it.

Tell that to Android, MS, Apple, etc who regularly roll out new content/features to keep their users engaged. We're not expecting Xenforo to do this on a regular basis but at this point they've all but abandoned it.
1. You can’t compare these companies to XF

2. I agree that development is slow

3. Devs said what I wrote in my last comment dozens of times. The users who are complaining here for a lack of features are minority compared to overall XF users

Tell that to Android, MS, Apple, etc who regularly roll out new content/features to keep their users engaged.
MS used to have a 3 year cycle between major versions and is returning to that because their core customer base (businesses) made it clear that the latest-greatest features approach in Windows 10/11 was not wanted.

Android and Apple have the new version cycle mostly not for 'keeping users engaged' but to encourage people to keep buying the latest versions of the hardware to support the new software features.

My bet is Tuesday, April 4 for the 16.4 release day.

There is a week between RC and the actual release day.

I guess I will develop an add-on to make the necessary changes to support PWA/notifications on iOS
Something I would gladly pay for, guessing many others would as well. Let me know if you need any help testing.

Top Bottom