XF 1.1 Running two Instances of XF on One Database

MattRock

Does anyone know how to create a prefix to your tables in the database? THis would allow me to run two instances on the same database.

It might be worth submitting a support ticket and asking the devs directly - they may be able to assist you privately to enable this (or not). (y)
Incredibly unlikely isn't it? Everything's hardcoded with xf_ prefixes and Mike himself said this isn't something they're ever likely to implement.

Well, table prefixes are added complexity that is unnecessary as long as you can create additional databases, and there is no reason you shouldn't be able to create more databases. Charging per database is a silly idea, but some hosts do it. There is no technical reason to charge on that basis.

Incredibly unlikely isn't it? Everything's hardcoded with xf_ prefixes and Mike himself said this isn't something they're ever likely to implement.

I wasn't sure if there was a config setting for table prefix, but if there isn't then you're right, it won't work as it'll be hardcoded in. Oh well, at least that sorted that out. :D

I've heard good things about Amazon. But I've also heard it can be excruciatingly expensive. The advice I've been given before is to shop around as although there are some major benefits especially to their EC2 model, sometimes the costs outweigh this. But obviously I have no idea on what you're hosting there, what service you have or how much you're paying but that's just the advice I've been given.

Top Bottom