Browser issue RTL: Horizontal Scrollbars In Editor Menu

ibnesayeed

In Google Chrome, Font Size and Font Family menus in the editor show unnecessary horizontal scrollbars. Also the right and left padding is not the way it should be.

Note that browsers are not consistent in which side they display the vertical scrollbars in RTL documents. For example, in Google Chrome, our RTL forum shows main body scrollbar on right hand side while scrollbars in other elements like menus show it on left side. And as far as I know, browsers differ in this behavior. There might be some CSS properties to instruct the browser where to position the scrollbar though (that I am not aware of).

In the picture below I have highlighted horizontal scrollbar, small right padding and large left padding.

XFEditor-Menu-Alignment.webp

i realy hate google chrome this browser never will be stable, from the begining its on the beta stage even now.

This is looking like a Chrome bug, but I'm not totally sure why. It appears to be calculating the containing box width incorrectly when it comes to the vertical scroll bar (the scroll width appears to be the same width as the scrollbar itself). I will need to check for a more straightforward test case (and see if there's another report of it).

This is looking like a Chrome bug, but I'm not totally sure why. It appears to be calculating the containing box width incorrectly when it comes to the vertical scroll bar (the scroll width appears to be the same width as the scrollbar itself). I will need to check for a more straightforward test case (and see if there's another report of it).
Chrome midle name its BUG, realy this browser are so bad for Mybb, Xenforo, Woltlab Burning Board and IPB, every time its some broken image, CSS, realy hate Chrome.

This behavior can be seen in regular rich text editor as well. See the screenshot below. I have created a demo site, configured the language to be RTL, and threw some lorem text in the editor. You can notice extra padding on right hand side while scroll bar on the left is hiding some text. i think the scroll bar takes about 16 pixel width and that should be the difference here.

XenForo_Editor_RTL_Scrollbar.webp

This is very definitively a browser bug -- there's not a lot we can do to prevent it. If you look at the developer tools DOM inspector, you can see even that is off where the actual positioning is. That said, if the current Canary builds are fixing it, it would appear that it's on their radar (it seems to affect RTL quite a lot and inconsistently).

Top Bottom