1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSS Suggestion

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by WyldFyre, Oct 25, 2011.

1. WyldFyre

WyldFyre Member

Please add title and content to your RSS feeds so they can be imported to other boards like the other forum software brands. :)

We are able to import news threads from the other major forum software providers, but at this time xenForo RSS feeds do not provide all the required information to properly import a feed into a topic post.

I can provide an example of what I mean via PM if you wish.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No example necessary.

Currently RSS feeds don't contain content snippets.

3. WyldFyre

WyldFyre Member

Precisely. :)

I'd love to be able to import a feed from the xenForo news forum to our resource site like I do with five other forum software providers, but that is impossible at this point because it does not provide content.

Edited for accuracy.

4. Brogan

5. WyldFyre

WyldFyre Member

Touché :)

I wonder why we're getting this, then...

[​IMG]

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The message is ambiguous - it could mean "no title and no content" or it could mean "Missing either title or content"

7. WyldFyre

WyldFyre Member

Good call, my mistake.

8. Brogan

Which reader/feeder are you using?

I haven't seen anyone else reporting that problem.

9. WyldFyre

WyldFyre Member

I'm importing the feed using IPB's built-in RSS importer. It's working fine for 5 other feeds made by other software providers, xenForo is the only one giving it any trouble.

10. Sean James

Sean James Well-Known Member

having the same problem with my IPB board, I havent been able to find a solution. Having no problem with fetching the vB and IPB feeds, only XenForo. I get the same error message as posted above.