RSS Suggestion

WyldFyre

Please add title and content to your RSS feeds so they can be imported to other boards like the other forum software brands. :)

We are able to import news threads from the other major forum software providers, but at this time xenForo RSS feeds do not provide all the required information to properly import a feed into a topic post.

I can provide an example of what I mean via PM if you wish.

No example necessary.

Currently RSS feeds don't contain content snippets.

Precisely. :)

I'd love to be able to import a feed from the xenForo news forum to our resource site like I do with five other forum software providers, but that is impossible at this point because it does not provide content.

Edited for accuracy.

Touché :)

I wonder why we're getting this, then...

streaml.png

The message is ambiguous - it could mean "no title and no content" or it could mean "Missing either title or content"

Which reader/feeder are you using?

I haven't seen anyone else reporting that problem.

Which reader/feeder are you using?

I haven't seen anyone else reporting that problem.
I'm importing the feed using IPB's built-in RSS importer. It's working fine for 5 other feeds made by other software providers, xenForo is the only one giving it any trouble.

having the same problem with my IPB board, I havent been able to find a solution. Having no problem with fetching the vB and IPB feeds, only XenForo. I get the same error message as posted above.

Top Bottom