[OzzModz] RSS Feed Filter

[OzzModz] RSS Feed Filter 2.0.6

No permission to download
Thank you for working on this! By having the word filter & same thread option combined you reduced the number of addons I need. (y)

You didn't ask for any but is there an email address we can use to send a small "Thanks" donation to?

See your PCs. I'd prefer not to post my email in a public forum. :eek:

Every time I do that, I see an increase in spam.

See your PCs. I'd prefer not to post my email in a public forum. :eek:

Every time I do that, I see an increase in spam.
A "Thanks" has been sent. :) Yeah, if you're using a personal address for PayPal it's best to avoid posting it but often I'll see people create an email just for donations and so getting spam to that address really isn't concern because it's not a closely monitored account.

Installed this and can't get it to post.. RSS importer was working before install. Please advise. Thanks!

Installed this and can't get it to post.. RSS importer was working before install. Please advise. Thanks!
A little more information would be helpful. Without that I don't have a clue what the problem might be.

Have you defined any keywords to filter for?

I just ran a test without any keywords and the feed I tested imported without a problem. Perhaps the feed your using does not have any of the keywords you're using?

Or if you've run the feed recently, there may not be any new content to import.

Last edited:
I just ran a test without any keywords and the feed I tested imported without a problem. Perhaps the feed your using does not have any of the keywords you're using?
I can confirm that's it working on my XF2 test install as well. I've tried different combinations of options like just a word filter or just creating a same thread or a combination of both.

A little more information would be helpful. Without that I don't have a clue what the problem might be.

Have you defined any keywords to filter for?

Or if you've run the feed recently, there may not be any new content to import.
I left the feed identical to how it was previous to installing this, it is updated quite often as its an ebay feed. It was previously snagging 50 posts a day and hasn't updated since I installed this on Weds.

I left the feed identical to how it was previous to installing this, it is updated quite often as its an ebay feed. It was previously snagging 50 posts a day and hasn't updated since I installed this on Weds.
If you can send me the feed you're using along with any settings you've made to the feed in XF (with feed filter enabled) by PC, I'll look into it.

Without that, I can't diagnose why you wouldn't be getting any feeds. Especially if there aren't any errors being generated.

And are you running any other add-ons for your RSS feeds?

Last edited:
A slight update... when the option to use the same thread is enabled the content of the post is currently only getting populated with the RSS entry description instead of the message template defined in the RSS Feed entry (which means if you're using any variables like {title} in the template it isn't being included). The fix is pretty simple....

File: /src/addons/Snog/RSS/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php
Line 121: $replier->setMessage($entry['content']);
Replace with: $replier->setMessage($this->feed->getEntryMessage($entry));

A slight update... when the option to use the same thread is enabled the content of the post is currently only getting populated with the RSS entry description instead of the message template defined in the RSS Feed entry (which means if you're using any variables like {title} in the template it isn't being included). The fix is pretty simple....

File: /src/addons/Snog/RSS/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php
Line 121: $replier->setMessage($entry['content']);
Replace with: $replier->setMessage($this->feed->getEntryMessage($entry));
Thanks!

I'll issue an update tomorrow.

Does this addon allow me to still have a separate thread for each RSS update, but only show updates with specific words, tags, etc? Or does it put them all in one thread?

Does this addon allow me to still have a separate thread for each RSS update, but only show updates with specific words, tags, etc? Or does it put them all in one thread?
Yes and yes. :P Each option is independent of each other... you can filter incoming feeds based on keywords and/or remove images from the incoming feed and/or post the feeds to same thread.

The options are per RSS Feed, not global, so you can mix & match what your incoming feeds are doing.

Yes and yes. :p Each option is independent of each other... you can filter incoming feeds based on keywords and/or remove images from the incoming feed and/or post the feeds to same thread.

The options are per RSS Feed, not global, so you can mix & match what your incoming feeds are doing.
Much thanks! When I get back to my PC later tonight I’ll give it a try. I run a gaming site, so having some gaming news would be nice, but not tons of threads haha.

suggestion:

would be great if in the future, you allow users to add their own rss,

reason: because user always send me message to allow rss feed their website, it takes many minutes to add their feed, and i am so busy take care of my grandma, have no time

so its much simpler if user do it themselves,

have permission [ ] allow user to add rss feeds

tank you

Top Bottom