XF 1.1 RSS feed bot

Figured I'd use this post instead of creating another one since I'm having some issues regarding this.

I setup 2 RSS Feeds for testing purposes. Both setup exactly the same way but pointing to different RSS Feeds. 1 works, 1 does not work. So my thought is that there is something wrong with that specific RSS Feed. This is the URL: https://www.everquest2.com/newsfeed/rss.vm

Is there something wrong with that or did I do something wrong?

Last edited:
There appears to be a problem with the feed.
I am getting different results in three different browsers and it won't display at all in IE.

Sunofva!

Alright. Hmm, how about this. My 2nd one posted all the good stuff in the beginning, now it's posting a bunch of old news from last month. How does that work? I am making the assumption that it runs through the entire RSS Feed and when it finishes, it'll post only the new content. Is this correct?

If it is correct, would using spam cleaner after it is done going thorough the RSS to clear out all of the old crap work and still let it post just the new stuff?

EDIT: Just realized that the one that works as an .xml extension whereas the one that doesn't has a .vm one. Is that an issue?

I am making the assumption that it runs through the entire RSS Feed and when it finishes, it'll post only the new content. Is this correct?
Correct.

If it is correct, would using spam cleaner after it is done going thorough the RSS to clear out all of the old crap work and still let it post just the new stuff?
You're better just deleting the unexpected stuff via the inline moderation tools.

EDIT: Just realized that the one that works as an .xml extension whereas the one that doesn't has a .vm one. Is that an issue?
No.

Top Bottom