RockMelt BETA!

I bet all coders and designers are thrilled that there's yet another browser to accommodate...

Should render identical to Chrome hopefully.

Hello everybody,

Just thought I'd share a great browser with you guys. RockMelt! Very revolutionary browser. I <3 it so far so i recommend people signup!

It's quite nice to use unless i have to work in which case it to distracting :p

Wishing for google apps support, right now only supports normal gmail

Exactly what Flock tried (and failed at), only 3 years later and with an even worse name. Awesome.
Flock was built off Firefox, and just made all the memory and CPU issues worse.

This looks more like its for productivity, and not useless social browsing.

Just installed it to check it out. I like the social aspect of it (my FB Chat friends are shown on the left "edge" aka sidebar, and I can put sites' feeds on the right edge; updates are shown with desktop notifications), but tweets come in several minutes after TweetDeck, and the feeds don't seem to work on XF forums (the vB forum I added worked fine :/). Probably not something I'll use since I'm not a big FB Chat user, but it's got some nice stuff IMO.

p.s. I believe I read that it's based off of Chromium (the open-source? version of Chrome). Everything looks the same as Chrome to me.

Then I could really care less about it... The thing I like about Chrome is that it has relatively few features; its not bloated at all. If I wanted social features on my browser, I would install an extension for it.

That's all we need. Another browser to give us all a headache. Love it. Oh wait, I don't have a facebook account to test it. Any other way of becoming an early tester without creating a facebook account? Yeah some of us don't use this but I guess they forgot that some people have lives outside of facebook.

Then I could really care less about it... The thing I like about Chrome is that it has relatively few features; its not bloated at all. If I wanted social features on my browser, I would install an extension for it.
Couldn't* :p.

I tried it... For like 30 minutes (To give it the benefit of the doubt), and I just went back to Opera 11.

That's all we need. Another browser to give us all a headache. Love it. Oh wait, I don't have a facebook account to test it. Any other way of becoming an early tester without creating a facebook account? Yeah some of us don't use this but I guess they forgot that some people have lives outside of facebook.

It is built of Chromium which uses the same webkit rendering and JS engine as Chrome, it really isn't something you should need to worry about if your sites work in Chrome and Safari they will work in Rock Melt

I honestly don't care about anything outside of Chrome, FF & IE, just personally. Anything outside of those three currently hold a poofteenth of market share, which means I wouldn't waste my time or energy worrying about them for design.

I honestly don't care about anything outside of Chrome, FF & IE, just personally. Anything outside of those three currently hold a poofteenth of market share, which means I wouldn't waste my time or energy worrying about them for design.
Opera Mini = largest mobile browser.

If you ignore that you lose a lot of mobile traffic.

Top Bottom