Lack of interest Robots online now

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can't think of a good reason not to show them.

Various other forum software show bots. In the case of phpBB the bot names are also shown in the Who's Online block (whereas Xenforo just shows them on the Current Visitors page).

I can't think of a good reason not to show them.

Various other forum software show bots. In the case of phpBB the bot names are also shown in the Who's Online block (whereas Xenforo just shows them on the Current Visitors page).
I am not talking about disabling it completely. I think it would be a good idea to show them in the list but not in the forum main page. They are useless to guests and registered members and only provides data to the competitors.

I think this is a personal preference thing.

It's really easy to change it yourself.

To remove the robots count from the sidebar_online_users template:

Change phrase:
online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a

Total: {total} (members: {members}, guests: {guests}, robots: {robots})

To:
Total: {total} (members: {members}, guests: {guests})

Change phrase:

To:
I can convert xenForo into a totally different script if I edit the code. I am posting this thread here because I want to see this in the core :)

It's not really editing the code. It's adjusting a single phrase to your requirements. It's no difference from translating an English phrase to another language - only this is removing part of the phrase rather than translating it.

If everything was put in the core it would be an absolute complex mess of options and toggles. And we've seen that elsewhere (not just forum software). So where there are tools that enable you to make customisations yourself (such as the phrase, style and templates system) why not just use them?

I really do not think it's worth the effort of having it as a customisable option.

But, as it is a suggestion thread, it will be considered along with all the other suggestion threads providing there's enough support for it going forward. In the mean time, my small phrase change works perfectly.

Change phrase:

To:
Would it be possible to change this to a maths phrase to include the robots as guests? Personal preference really.

As well as my edit above change this:

Code:
{xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number $onlineUsers.guests}', 'robots={xen:number $onlineUsers.robots}'}

to:

Code:
{xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number {xen:calc '{$onlineUsers.guests} + {$onlineUsers.robots}'}}'}

In the sidebar_online_users template.

Code:
{xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number $onlineUsers.guests}', 'robots={xen:number $onlineUsers.robots}'}

to:

Code:
{xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number {xen:calc '{$onlineUsers.guests} + {$onlineUsers.robots}'}}'}

Thanks a tonne, works like a charm! :)

Code:

to:

Code:

Only change:
Code:

To:
Code:
{xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number {xen:calc '{$onlineUsers.guests} + {$onlineUsers.robots}'}}'}

It's ok, not need to edit phrase.

Code:

to:

Code:

this doesn't work for me .. shows still users and guests only without adding the bots to the guests

Top Bottom