RM Marketplace - Physical product / Digital product / Service offer / Percentage on sales [Paid]

Hi,

We are not using RM Marketplace right now on our forum as at first RM Marketplace was not meant to be that far in terms of functions.

In the next version, though I can't give an estimate time as for the moment the current version is still a beta so that will be in the next 2.x.0 release.

Clément
If you don't mind me asking, what is that your using then - its what I am looking for.

And the add-on from ChrisD does NOT handle physical products at present , as you state you would be selling clothes...
Yeah, I did ask Chris D about this awhile ago, its too bad, would be so easy to have the option to sell physical products on Chris D's add on if he chose to. It sucks that there is literally no "shop" add ons available for Xenforo...

Last edited:
MicroCart was the best idea of an add-on for XF.. just a pity the developer vanished without finishing it off....

MicroCart was the best idea of an add-on for XF.. just a pity the developer vanished without finishing it off....
There's far too much of that going on huh!!

I'm disappointed with this..... yet another shop that really isnt a shop! A marketplace that simply is not a marketplace!

When will we ever see a standalone add-on that can sell digital products, as well as physical products!! Chris D's was so damn close to being able to do that.... it was actually quite a tease as I only have half a solution... arrrgghhh!!!!

This isnt any better a solution.... in fact it's worse for me.

Here's the thing..... my website uses resources as educational resources! My resources section is not a shop, nor do I want it to be because it be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... at least on my site.

Only a site based around software is ever likely to want to have purchases set up around resources so I'm looking forward to a credible e-commerce solution based around xenforo that is designed first and foremost to be an ecommerce solution.... not just a regurgitation of "threads" or "resources" which is most unsuitable for me.

I'm disappointed with this..... yet another shop that really isnt a shop! A marketplace that simply is not a marketplace!

When will we ever see a standalone add-on that can sell digital products, as well as physical products!! Chris D's was so damn close to being able to do that.... it was actually quite a tease as I only have half a solution... arrrgghhh!!!!

Here's the thing..... my website uses resources as educational resources! My resources section is not a shop, nor do I want it to be because it be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... at least on my site.

Only a site based around software is ever likely to want to have purchases set up around resources so I'm looking forward to a credible e-commerce solution based around xenforo that is designed first and foremost to be an ecommerce solution.... not just a regurgitation of "threads" or "resources" which is most unsuitable for me.
Amen!

You have to remember RM Marketplace is still in BETA stage and no doubt there will be some improvements.. When finished or in next version..

But, here is a thread from earlier this month where the original coder of MicroCART... makes an offer to any developers to carry the work on...
Its new name is called eCommerce..
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...b4-addons-to-xf-developers.97582/#post-931278

Times like this I wish I had studied PHP.. lol

Regards..

As stated, this is at the basis a Marketplace, kinda like Amazon, where your users can sell stuff.

It's, indeed with limitation, usable as a shop but not as integrated as it would be with a full standalone shop.

But I can understand that if you already use the resource manager for other stuff it can be an issue.

Reactions: Rob
Hi,

It could be like a shop if you were the only one to sell.

Though there is no "Add to cart" but I plan to have it the next big version.

Clément
When is the next big version and will you add any other useful features with this version besides add to cart?

When is the next big version and will you add any other useful features with this version besides add to cart?

I have no ETA. Currently, the beta version seems stable so I might release it as "final".

I might add some new features along with the add to cart that were suggested by other users in the next release (july/august most certainly).
Feature addition all depends of my imagination and also, and more importantly, of customers suggestions.

Clément

Seems like latest beta is pretty stable as I had no reports.

I think I'll release a final 2.0.0 version.

Will be open to all your suggestions for next release.

Clément

As requested shopping cart.

For that I'll see, we have retrieved the rights for the eCommerce vB mod from ChrisTeris so that might not be something we will continue to consider adding in RM Marketplace.
Though it would be nice even if multiple users sell, but the paypal API limit the number of user you process payment to in parallel payment.

Last edited:
How Can I change the name resources in the menu to Marketplace or similar? I would also like to change the text saying "Your licenses" to "your Items".
Also a small correction(see screen grab), "sell" would be more correct english :)
I also would like to limit what is sold in different categories. So if there is a category for "music" and two sub categories "CD's" and "downloads" the seller would only be allowed the options of selling physical products in the "CD" category and only digital products in "downloads".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 13.47.38.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 13.47.38.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 9
How Can I change the name resources in the menu to Marketplace or similar? I would also like to change the text saying "Your licenses" to "your Items".

This is all phrased, you would need to change the specific phrases.

Also a small correction(see screen grab), "sell" would be more correct english :)

Indeed, noted.

I also would like to limit what is sold in different categories. So if there is a category for "music" and two sub categories "CD's" and "downloads" the seller would only be allowed the options of selling physical products in the "CD" category and only digital products in "downloads".

This is feasible through the categories configuration (default behavior of RM).

I would also like to be able to customise the text of the field marked on the screenshot.

As for above this is all phrased.

As for above this is all phrased.

"WARNING: the forum admin takes a 5.00% commission on each sale in this category. This commission is automatically collected upon purchases. For more information, please contact us."

How can I find the phrase to change this? I tried searching phrases but could not find it..

"WARNING: the forum admin takes a 5.00% commission on each sale in this category. This commission is automatically collected upon purchases. For more information, please contact us."

How can I find the phrase to change this? I tried searching phrases but could not find it..
Edit this phrase: tc_rmptdl_admin_takes_x_percent_on_sale

Top Bottom