Right I am here now

Nice to see you here, Mark. Hopefully, you ain't going back to Another Place...not once you get the hang of XenForo. :)

Heylo Mark! Welcome! :D

On a serious note, I don't understand why people have to be here or there! Why can't they be at both places! :)

Simply because I dont have room in my life to be treated with utter contempt by a company. Certainly not one to whom I have paid money for a product.

Well the way I see it, I bought a product from a company. The product at this stage suits me perfectly well for the job. Beyond the products suitability for my needs I have no further relationship with the "company". If someday, the product doesn't fit my needs or something else fits better I will switch. Whatever my personal opinion of "the company" and their policies, it doesn't change anything about my use of the product.

Another point is this: many of the XF sites I have seen converted look like stock XF sites. Sometimes a different colour here and there but there is no change between most of them. I don't want that. In the same way my vB4 site is subtly but noticably different to a stock vB4 (actually I've borrowed the odd design idea from XF you may notice!), I want my site to have enough subtle differences to a stock XF to be refreshing, yet still have the XF look and feel.
There is no auto-merge yet for templates in xenforo. And some changes you might find minor as displaying subforums on the forum start page directly take around a dozen template edits. There is some work to be done. But xenforo looks good now anyway.

You are so lucky I have hundreds of subforums and all my members are only interested in less than a handful of all these forums. So I have to display the right forums to my users and this is a highly sophisticated thing :)

Top Bottom