XF 2.2 I am having email issues.

lobsterpasties

I am running XF2.2 on php 8.2 on windows server.
SMTP is set up and working on mail.xxx.com Port 25

I can request a password reset no problem, the email is sent out and no errors in the server error log.

This indicates to me that the smtp mail server is fine.

However when I reply to a message I see the following in the error log.

• Swift_TransportException: Email to xxxxxx@outlook.com from x@xxxxxxx failed: Unable to send mail.
  • src\XF\Mail\Mailer.php:315

Stack trace​

#0 src\XF\Mail\Queue.php(148): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(XF\Mail\SmtpTransport), Array)
#1 src\XF\Job\MailQueue.php(12): XF\Mail\Queue->run(8)
#2 src\XF\Job\Manager.php(260): XF\Job\MailQueue->run(8)
#3 src\XF\Job\Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#4 src\XF\Job\Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#5 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(88) "http://davidholden.co.uk/index.php?conversations/looks-like-old-server-is-****ed.379451/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}

I have not configured anything in XF as I assumed php will take care of it.

["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Most likely your IP address is being blocked by the email providers - Microsoft are particularly strict about this type of thing.

It's almost impossible to rely on PHP to send email directly these days - it may work for a while, but eventually you'll get blocked, especially once you get any kind of volume happening.

My advice is always to use a 3rd party Email Service Provider, such as Amazon SES, Mailgun, Sendgrid, Postmark, SparkPost, etc

Either way, you should definitely be setting up SPF and DKIM - these are pretty much mandatory for getting mail delivered reliably these days.

Top Bottom