• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Right I am here now

jadmperry

Mark B., good to see you here! I think you find a more positive community over here than at Another Place. I am with you, I have a big learning curve here (though, I find the out of the box product much easier and intuitive than other forum solutions). You will find a lot of people willing to help with any questions you have though.

grant sarver

Hey Mark! Nakedanvil here! Yeah, when I first got XF up and running I thought "Oak wrap! What have I gotten into"? Nothing was familiar. Later when I started playing with it everything just fell into place! It's a dream to work with!

Hmm, so far everyone whos name starts with "K" seems to like this post!

robdog

You will learn just like the rest of us. The Zend Framework is a nasty bee-otch but once you understand her, she is pure awesomeness!

To seeing BC Forums on XenForo soon...

jadmperry

Thanks everyone.

I mean I feel a bit of a fraud since I'm not new really, I've been here since it was first made public, and I've posted on and off too.
FRAUD!!! ;)
Mark, so does this mean we might be seeing another site converted or are you still testing the waters?
We need a BC Forums conversion to XF thread (kinda like Another Software upgrade to 4.x thread). Though, I bet the thread is a lot shorter and the stress a lot less!

Trombones13

Welcome, Mark! I've seen your forum and enjoyed the tweaks you made to your vB4 forum with XenForo in mind. :)
Hey Mark! Nakedanvil here! Yeah, when I first got XF up and running I thought "Oak wrap! What have I gotten into"? Nothing was familiar. Later when I started playing with it everything just fell into place! It's a dream to work with!

Hmm, so far everyone whos name starts with "K" seems to like this post!
Can I give it a half-like or something? My username doesn't start with a K, but my name is Kurt... :p

Kevin

It won't happen just yet....I need..errm...an arcade. :) I can't convert until that's up and running and stable.
Steve is hard at work on that one! (y)

In the same way my vB4 site is subtly but noticably different to a stock vB4 (actually I've borrowed the odd design idea from XF you may notice!)
So will you be tweaking XF to look a bit like vB4 so it stands out? :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

ibnesayeed

Welcome!

I think, "Have You Seen...?" forum has some really cool stuff for you to have a look at it, learn quickly and start helping others in the community. :)