Cannot reproduce Rich text editor with mobile

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date
D

DirtRider

I have the following issues when posting using the rich text editor from my mobile devices.

1. Spell check does not work
2. cannot past text into post box
3. at times when a link is posted the create thread option does not work. It will alway take you back to the end of your last word as if you want to add more text to your post.

Like now I wanted to edit the above post and it ended up posting the thread again

What device / browser / OS (version)?

1 and 2 are entirely implemented by the browser so there's nothing we can really do there.

I don't understand what you're saying with 3. Please explain the steps to reproduce it?

I am using a Galaxy Tablet and these issues are not found when posting on my vBuletin forum at all.

I am not sure how to better explain 3 really. I will use the URL option above the postbox and post a link. then I am just unable to creat the thread using create thread option at the bottom of the post box. it will just take me back into the post box as if I wanted to add more text into my post

What Android version is that running and what browser (if non-stock)?

Spell checking is definitely up to the browser in question. For example, in Chrome, I get a red underline but no suggestions on click. Using the AOSP browser, I don't get any underline. In Opera Mobile, I get suggestions on click. (This is running Jellybean 4.2 BTW.)

I haven't been able to reproduce pasting issues anywhere.

I also can't reproduce any issues after inserting a link using the link button.

I using Android 4.0.4 with the default browser I think it is Safari. If I use Chrome , Firefox or Opera it seems to work. The work a round now is to just toggle into the basic editor at the top right of the post box then it all works as it should. Once I have done my text input I then toggle back using the Use Rich Text Editor at the bottom left of the post box.

I using Android 4.0.4 with the default browser I think it is Safari. If I use Chrome , Firefox or Opera it seems to work. The work a round now is to just toggle into the basic editor at the top right of the post box then it all works as it should. Once I have done my text input I then toggle back using the Use Rich Text Editor at the bottom left of the post box.

Safari is the default browser on iOS devices... On Android devices it's just the Android Browser (it does use the AppleWebkit Engine however).

Top Bottom