Cannot reproduce Rich Text Editor problems with Chrome on Android

I think this might have to do with apostrophes and cursor placement? I've just had this occur again when typing "that's ". It seems once the bug starts all the text is affected.

Edit: this issue isn't exclusive to the rich text editor. I can reproduce it on profile post comments. Perhaps a SwiftKey issue?

Edit: this issue isn't exclusive to the rich text editor. I can reproduce it on profile post comments. Perhaps a SwiftKey issue?
Those are just textareas, so that would point to it being a SwiftKey issue, in my mind.

I see very strange behaviour using android 5, but only on my xperia (z1) device. It was far worse before I upgraded to android 5.
The issues only seem to appear when trying to correct errors - moving the caret position and deleting content especially seem to be where the issue starts but I cannot reproduce it every time. I am not using swiftkey, just the stock keyboard.

This annoys me so much - is anyone is using a non stock keyboard (that isnt swiftkey) as I fancy a change to hopefully get rid of this annoyance.

Those are just textareas, so that would point to it being a SwiftKey issue, in my mind.

@James - you're seeing a completely separate issue to the one I reported - your issue seems unrelated to the rich text area.

@Mike - my users have confirmed that the problem I described ONLY happens in the rich text editor as detailed in my earlier posts - when typing into a normal text area such as profile posts on the same device using Swiftkey, they have no problems with typing.

Hope that helps.

I am experiencing the same problem on my own Sony Z3 device with Swiftkey, and several other users of my forum is experiencing the same issue.

Almost 5 years later, and i've been having a similar problem for a few months, since getting my Galaxy S10e running Android 10, and installing Swiftkey. I regularly post on https://www.arizonasportsfans.com and when i use the swype input method, most (but not all) words are doubled. E.g. It wouldwould looklook like thisthis. Very annoying! If i type one character at a time, it doesn't happen. I'd suspect Swiftkey, but it's never happened on any other site or app. Super annoying!

They appear to be using a very old version of the software.

They are able to contact us and post a message here if they require support.

(oops, posted prematurely) ... I'll let the owners of that forum know that they should update their software and they can check here for support!

...dave

Top Bottom