Fixed Rich text editor bugs in iOS

PumpinIron

Affected version
Here’s just one of many bugs with the text editor in XenForo and iOS. This one has to do with lists:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure if this issue happens in Android, but it definitely happens with the latest version of XenForo and iOS.

This is just one of many text editor issues, here's another:

This is just one of many text editor issues, here's another:

Came here to report this. This issue drives me nuts and I’m sure it does the same for my users.

Also want to report another issue:

When you do a quote reply, there’s no obvious way to cancel the reply and clear the reply box. Can we get a <Cancel> button alongside <Post reply>?

Came here to report this. This issue drives me nuts and I’m sure it does the same for my users.

Also want to report another issue:

When you do a quote reply, there’s no obvious way to cancel the reply and clear the reply box. Can we get a <Cancel> button alongside <Post reply>?

Yep, this issue is plaguing myself and many of my members since most are using mobile devices.

I don't think the issue is with XenForo itself, I think it is with the rich text editor they are using, which I assume is a library from some other developer.

@Mike, if said developer isn't aware of this, you should really let them know. The rich text editor is just buggy as hell in iOS (can't comment on Android). XF1 didn't have this issue.

Amazing that this bug has been reported for over a year with no action from Xenforo. I emailed their support and they told me to post here.

You have to wonder if any XF devs actually ever use iOS on their forums.

Amazing that this bug has been reported for over a year with no action from Xenforo. I emailed their support and they told me to post here.

I know, it really is amazing.

As I said, this issue wasn't there in XF1. I understand it's related to the rich text editor, which is likely a pre-packaged library that they are using for XenForo, but someone needs to address this. I don't have an Android so I can't comment about the user experience in Android, but in iOS it's just absolutely terrible.

I really hope they do something about it, because so far they won't even comment on it and it's got to be one of the bigger known bugs in XF2.

Yes I do. Some of the outstanding bugs are annoying but I’m still very able to make several posts a day, some including advanced formatting and code input.

Tapping return three times to get to a new line instead of two (to make sure auto capitals work - as I just have done) isn’t exactly insurmountable.

There is another bug report already about that specifically and it has been reported to the rich text editor developers.

We will continue to press them for changes.

Although part of this report is duplicate I’m not sure we’ve reported the disappearing text issue before so we will report that to them soon.

Okay, well at least the people who make the rich text editor are aware, that gives me some peace of mind.

I hope they fix it soon, it's really problematic for iOS users.

Although part of this report is duplicate I’m not sure we’ve reported the disappearing text issue before so we will report that to them soon.
Hi @Chris D

Do you have any news from rich text editor developers ? My IOS users still have the same problems like "disappearing text issue", "enter and capital letter issue"...

Top Bottom