Reverting templates?

Russ

So I'm working on this new mobile style... anywho all of a sudden as I'm editing a template, save and exit... I noticed my main forums stopped showing up. Thinking my stubby fingers typed something wrong and broke something I went back through my last templates couldn't see anything.

Long story short, I started to revert templates 1 by 1, and with node_list I'm getting

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 70

I can save and exit on node_list, Save all changes works good but revert gives me that, 6 times now.

Other templates will revert.

Well... don't ask me why I did it... but I had the wrong template opened and accidentally threw in some xen:comments around the node display.

Code:
<xen:comment>
<xen:if hascontent="true">
<fieldset>
    <ol class="nodeList sectionMain" id="forums">
    <xen:contentcheck>
        <xen:foreach loop="$renderedNodes" value="$node">{xen:raw $node}</xen:foreach>
    </xen:contentcheck>
    </ol>
</fieldset>
</xen:if>
</xen:comment>

This was completely unintentional but... the strange part is with the xen comments on there, revert freezes up, times out every single time. I just removed and hit save. Is this a bug or what? Again I know the comment isn't suppose to be on there, I was testing something

Really, the comments causing it doesn't make any sense - that would actually give it less work to do.

I thought it was strange too haha :), I'll keep going and I can't reproduce it, just found it weird that literally every other template worked when reverting except that one until literally the only changes I made were to remove the comments.

Scratch that, still can't revert node_list, everything else is able to be reverted. The

Confirm Reversion of Template
pops up then goes to the error message(s) below.

Code:

Code:
<xen:require css="node_list.css" />

<xen:if hascontent="true">
<fieldset>
    <ol class="nodeList sectionMain" id="forums">
    <xen:contentcheck>
        <xen:foreach loop="$renderedNodes" value="$node">{xen:raw $node}</xen:foreach>
    </xen:contentcheck>
    </ol>
</fieldset>
</xen:if>

<xen:edithint template="node_category.css" />
<xen:edithint template="node_category_level_1" />
<xen:edithint template="node_category_level_2" />
<xen:edithint template="node_category_level_n" />

<xen:edithint template="node_forum.css" />
<xen:edithint template="node_forum_level_1" />
<xen:edithint template="node_forum_level_2" />
<xen:edithint template="node_forum_level_n" />

<xen:edithint template="node_page.css" />
<xen:edithint template="node_page_level_1" />
<xen:edithint template="node_page_level_2" />
<xen:edithint template="node_page_level_n" />

<xen:edithint template="node_link.css" />
<xen:edithint template="node_link_level_1" />
<xen:edithint template="node_link_level_2" />
<xen:edithint template="node_link_level_n" />

First attempt error:
Code:
 Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/public_html/xf/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/CheckedSelected.php on line 22

Second attempt
Code:
 Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/public_html/xf/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Abstract.php on line 17

Third attempt
Code:
Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/public_html/xf/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php on line 8

Code:
Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/renocrea/public_html/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php on line 291
Left node list and went to 3 different templates reverted fine. I could be doing something wrong on my part, such as a bad piece of code I guess but... normally with errors a little box pops up if say the statements are invalid.

Anywho tried on other styles too, my node_list will not revert :X Also I'm aware that the only actual changes from my code up there to stock is that 2 blank lines were put in mine.

How many styles do you have?

rolleyes.png
, would this effect only one template though? ( granted there may be others that can't revert haven't found one yet.)

24 is a lot of styles... Particularly if this is in a parent style.

Reverting a template triggers a lot of rebuilds, including any templates it's included in. Frankly, I don't think we considered 24 styles simultaneously as an average case. :)

I'm not really sure what suggest except allowing a larger time before timeout.

24 is a lot of styles... Particularly if this is in a parent style.

Reverting a template triggers a lot of rebuilds, including any templates it's included in. Frankly, I don't think we considered 24 styles simultaneously as an average case. :)

I'm not really sure what suggest except allowing a larger time before timeout.

Heh ya, I run that style demo @

http://www.xfstop.com/stylechooser.html
which is why I had so many styles installed. Sort of a unique exception, if I wasn't running the demo i'd have like 3 styles installed a about lol :).

Top Bottom