1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverting templates?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Russ, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

So I'm working on this new mobile style... anywho all of a sudden as I'm editing a template, save and exit... I noticed my main forums stopped showing up. Thinking my stubby fingers typed something wrong and broke something I went back through my last templates couldn't see anything.

Long story short, I started to revert templates 1 by 1, and with node_list I'm getting

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 70

I can save and exit on node_list, Save all changes works good but revert gives me that, 6 times now.

Other templates will revert.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Well... don't ask me why I did it... but I had the wrong template opened and accidentally threw in some xen:comments around the node display.

Code:
    <xen:comment>
    <xen:if hascontent="true">
    <fieldset>
        <ol class="nodeList sectionMain" id="forums">
        <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:foreach loop="$renderedNodes" value="$node">{xen:raw $node}</xen:foreach>
        </xen:contentcheck>
        </ol>
    </fieldset>
    </xen:if>
    </xen:comment>

This was completely unintentional but... the strange part is with the xen comments on there, revert freezes up, times out every single time. I just removed and hit save. Is this a bug or what? Again I know the comment isn't suppose to be on there, I was testing something

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Really, the comments causing it doesn't make any sense - that would actually give it less work to do.

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I thought it was strange too haha :), I'll keep going and I can't reproduce it, just found it weird that literally every other template worked when reverting except that one until literally the only changes I made were to remove the comments.

Scratch that, still can't revert node_list, everything else is able to be reverted. The

Confirm Reversion of Template
    pops up then goes to the error message(s) below.

Code:

Code:
    <xen:require css="node_list.css" />

<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <fieldset>
        <ol class="nodeList sectionMain" id="forums">
        <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:foreach loop="$renderedNodes" value="$node">{xen:raw $node}</xen:foreach>
        </xen:contentcheck>
        </ol>
    </fieldset>
    </xen:if>

<xen:edithint template="node_category.css" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_category_level_1" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_category_level_2" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_category_level_n" />

<xen:edithint template="node_forum.css" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_forum_level_1" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_forum_level_2" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_forum_level_n" />

<xen:edithint template="node_page.css" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_page_level_1" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_page_level_2" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_page_level_n" />

<xen:edithint template="node_link.css" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_link_level_1" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_link_level_2" />
    <xen:edithint template="node_link_level_n" />

First attempt error:
    Code:
     Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/public_html/xf/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/CheckedSelected.php on line 22

Second attempt
    Code:
     Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/public_html/xf/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Abstract.php on line 17

Third attempt
    Code:
    Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/public_html/xf/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php on line 8

Code:
    Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/renocrea/public_html/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php on line 291

Left node list and went to 3 different templates reverted fine. I could be doing something wrong on my part, such as a bad piece of code I guess but... normally with errors a little box pops up if say the statements are invalid.

Anywho tried on other styles too, my node_list will not revert :X Also I'm aware that the only actual changes from my code up there to stock is that 2 blank lines were put in mine.

5. Mike

How many styles do you have?

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

24...[​IMG], would this effect only one template though? ( granted there may be others that can't revert haven't found one yet.)

7. Mike

24 is a lot of styles... Particularly if this is in a parent style.

Reverting a template triggers a lot of rebuilds, including any templates it's included in. Frankly, I don't think we considered 24 styles simultaneously as an average case. :)

I'm not really sure what suggest except allowing a larger time before timeout.

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Heh ya, I run that style demo @

http://www.xfstop.com/stylechooser.html
    which is why I had so many styles installed. Sort of a unique exception, if I wasn't running the demo i'd have like 3 styles installed a about lol :).