Lack of interest Revert custom user permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There is a button on the user perms page which will do all of them:
upload_2013-9-18_17-29-23.webp
Clicking Not Set (No) will ensure their perms default to the groups they are a member of.

What it doesn't do however is the spin boxes, but I did suggest that the other week.

There is a button on the user perms page which will do all of them:
View attachment 56863
Clicking Not Set (No) will ensure their perms default to the groups they are a member of.

What it doesn't do however is the spin boxes, but I did suggest that the other week.
Once you know what to do it is crazy easy

The problem is figuring it out, the thinking pattern goes like this
"Oh, I see this node has custom permissions"
"no, that is not right, I want to remove them"

Then I search for a delete permissions button (the same way you delete almost anything in XF), but there is nothing, then I click on it and search for an edit or revert, and again nothing

And setting everything to no, seems like "defining" permissions, not "removing" them, and that is not what I have to do, then I keep looking... Then I ask at XF

A rule of thumb for good UI is that you should not need to explain it
Hence, this one is broken

Yup, I had the same "Where the hell is it?" moment, then worked it out if I set them to Inherit (IE not set, IE blank), it removed them.

Top Bottom