XF 2.1 Remove Custom User Permissions

Chad

How do I remove custom permissions per user and revert them back to original registered user group (default)?

Reactions: frm
Interesting. It looks like you can't...

This should definitely be a suggestion as you would literally need to go through each permission and ensure they're the same. There should be an (X) or something next to the user in the list that removes their modified permissions and restores them to the original, registered user group, state.

How do I remove custom permissions per user and revert them back to original registered user group (default)?

Install a completely new installation of XenForo in a directory of choice, for example in a directory named forums216 and use that to compare default settings.

You just need to set any custom user permissions to 'No' and any numerical values to 0.

They will then inherit the permissions from the Registered user group, assuming that is their primary group.

Install a completely new installation of XenForo in a directory of choice, for example in a directory named forums216 and use that to compare default settings.
Easier to setup a new XenForo demo.

(Unsure if against ToS, but seeing that there's potentially a lacking feature that has potential to harm your forum [by your own diligence]…)

Edit: And while the solution given by @Brogan works, that's very time consuming considering add ons and the amount of users with selective permissions.

Either the first post is worded incorrectly or we are discussing different things.

Custom user permissions are set at the user level, not user group level.

As for customising user group permissions, the out of the box defaults are irrelevant - it's just what XF decided to set, in lieu of having no permissions set at all.
It doesn't really matter what you change them to - just set them to suit your own requirements.

Ok. There's a much easier way to this than setting all to "No" and 0 as @Brogan earlier mentioned.

ACP -> Groups & permissions -> Permissions -> User permissions and select the user.

Use the top-right menu (assuming XF 2.1), choose this and save.

1577635339224.webp

They are all now "No" and 0; even the add ons. And, they'll be removed from the user permissions list.

But, I don't know if we're talking groups or user-specific permissions as I previously asked this question before about groups and got the same answer to clone from a demo setup, which I had to do because I messed up one group (there should be a reset to original option, but... whatever, my mistake).

If we're talking groups, you're definitely going to have to make a demo of some sort and copy the options over (let's say you let Registered see IP addresses, you can't just reset it, you need to go in and change each value back to its original installation state, which can only be done by the demo install).

You just need to set any custom user permissions to 'No' and any numerical values to 0.

They will then inherit the permissions from the Registered user group, assuming that is their primary group.

Ok. There's a much easier way to this than setting all to "No" and 0 as @Brogan earlier mentioned.

ACP -> Groups & permissions -> Permissions -> User permissions and select the user.

Use the top-right menu (assuming XF 2.1), choose this and save.

View attachment 215828

They are all now "No" and 0; even the add ons. And, they'll be removed from the user permissions list.

But, I don't know if we're talking groups or user-specific permissions as I previously asked this question before about groups and got the same answer to clone from a demo setup, which I had to do because I messed up one group (there should be a reset to original option, but... whatever, my mistake).

If we're talking groups, you're definitely going to have to make a demo of some sort and copy the options over (let's say you let Registered see IP addresses, you can't just reset it, you need to go in and change each value back to its original installation state, which can only be done by the demo install).
I've tried this but there are still half a dozen that are still on the user specific permission page, any help would be greatly appreciated

Top Bottom