Lack of interest Reverse order of PM alerts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

moman

I just launched my xF site today and was flooded by PMs (coversations) pretty much all day, up to the point where I had 30 or 40 inbox notifications at a time.

I found it mildly annoying that the notifications are listed in descending chronological order (i.e. that the most recent ones are at the top). This makes no difference where there are only a few (up to 8?) notifications, but if there there are more, older messages get pushed down unfairly.

Today, this essentially meant that whoever PMed me first was the last to see a reply because the notifications of their PMs kept on getting pushed down to the bottom.

At the very least, I'd like to see an option to be able to reverse the order of the notifications. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement, right?

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
On boards where conversations are in frequent use this would make a lot of sense. It would make more sense to implement this at the user level rather than a site wide level.

Top Bottom