XF 2.1 REST API: Creating an auth system

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 91401
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 91401

Hi,

What I'm wanting to achieve is basically an auth style system in which the following parameters are met, for the purpose of explaining I'm going to reference the website for the auth as FES.

When a user registers to the forum, I want them to be able to generate a unique "auth key" tied to their user account. I also want users to be given the ability to generate a new auth key at any time and that deletes the old one automatically.

Now depending on the members usergroup, I also want them to be able to either access or not access specific content. (If I create a tool I only want subscribers to access, someone attempting to login with non-subscriber credentials would be denied access)

This is how I visualise the process:

User opens program on desktop --> User asked for their FES auth key --> User inputs auth key --> Checks for usergroup --> Is usergroup subscriber? No --> Deny

User opens program on desktop --> User asked for their FES auth key --> User inputs auth key --> Checks for usergroup --> Is usergroup subscriber? Yes --> Allow

Does anyone have any idea how I might go about accomplishing this? I'd be willing to pay for your time.

Top Bottom