Responsive Here....

Sheldon

Is it only me, or does @Arty and his Responsive Add-on work so much better than the current responsiveness of the site?

Or is it just because I am used to it? Just seems to me whatever he did has it working much more fluid. This isn't a knock on anyone by any stretch. Just seeing if I was the only one that has noticed it.

I see @Kier @Mike and @Ashley doing their best in designing a mobile design. :)

And thus far there have been no shocking show stoppers and I believe they'll iron out the details in due time.

They're sure doing a lot more and a lot better than any of the competitors that are out there.(y)

@Arty did do a good job though. And I plan on continuing to use his add-ons and styles.

Last edited:
That wasn't very constructive? I think the top navigation here is better than @Arty's but overall Arty's does look cleaner. Particularly the forum home page and thread listing, which here wrap to make the individual rows higher instead of keeping them the same size. Makes it look a little busy and it doesn't flow as nice.

Would also be nice if the sidebar was hidden with the option of expanding it, but I guess that'd be a bit of a rip from Arty's.

I also would think it nice if some of the more advanced formatting buttons on the editor were hidden from phones, but that's not really a huge deal.

I think there is lot of room for improvement. @Arty 's responsive style wasn't always perfect, monts of developing it, tuning... I think in time it will get there.

They both have their benefits. We need to get a combination of the best of both into the core. I love the menus here on xenforo and that the sidebar is always on at the bottom instead of having to click something to display it. I love how clutter-free arty's design is and how it completely removes a lot of unnecessary things.

I believe creating a responsive design is front end work, while Kier and Mike specialize in backend coding. However, as said above, it was not a show stopper.

I believe creating a responsive design is front end work, while Kier and Mike specialize in backend coding. However, as said above, it was not a show stopper.

I always thought Kier did mostly design-related work while Mike did the programming architecture. Could be wrong though.

They both have their benefits. We need to get a combination of the best of both into the core. I love the menus here on xenforo and that the sidebar is always on at the bottom instead of having to click something to display it. I love how clutter-free arty's design is and how it completely removes a lot of unnecessary things.

Agree...

This definitely isn't any type of bashing discussion. I don't want it to come off that way. I just felt like (maybe because I was a HUGE fan of Arty's work), that his Responsive Add-On worked perfectly.

Some images for comparison. Pretty close looking actually. I suppose I was just so used to Arty's.

Forum Home
comp1.webp

Category View
comp2.webp

Thread View
comp3.webp

Profile Page
comp4.webp

Member Card Overlay
comp5.webp

I love the responsive style, but I still feel that my sites that uses a separate style is way faster.
Who agrees that xf is slow in the mobile design? or is it just me?

Top Bottom