Responsive Design vs Tapatalk

This is what I did from the beginning, and it curtails losses in ad revenue quite well.
I want too, but my site is mostly mobile users currently due to the main niche targetting (Site inherited all the content from a previous site that we all left, and which is officially shutting down after today); have to work out how to monetize the site, and not push away active members.

I want too, but my site is mostly mobile users currently due to the main niche targetting (Site inherited all the content from a previous site that we all left, and which is officially shutting down after today); have to work out how to monetize the site, and not push away active members.
Depending upon your revenue/budget, then it might be cheaper to purchase 'Build Your Own' tapatalk for $40US per month and then give it for free. If the large majority is mobile, then you'll likely at least come close to earning the $40US in ad revenue.

Depending upon your revenue/budget, then it might be cheaper to purchase 'Build Your Own' tapatalk for $40US per month and then give it for free. If the large majority is mobile, then you'll likely at least come close to earning the $40US in ad revenue.
The site has a large focus on staff-written content, as well as guides written for popular mobile games (http://adeptgamer.com/forum/pages/the-pyraplex-guide/ for example is a new release).

I have some plans for something similar to tapatalk in the future, but can't do anything until we get more done on the site.

As far as making the design of the site responsive, I'm considering Arty's add-on, or making my own responsive style that has a different approach.

The site has a large focus on staff-written content, as well as guides written for popular mobile games (http://adeptgamer.com/forum/pages/the-pyraplex-guide/ for example is a new release).

I have some plans for something similar to tapatalk in the future, but can't do anything until we get more done on the site.

As far as making the design of the site responsive, I'm considering Arty's add-on, or making my own responsive style that has a different approach.
What are you using to build that guide?
It's far too wide for responsive addon to show all of that content.

That style looks outstanding. :)

Thank you. I wish I could take credit, but I actually got a company called Audentio Design to do it for me. I can design WordPress themes, but I didn't want to take the risk and screw up my forum doing it myself. But now I have to make a WP theme that looks like my forum for my CMS (homepage).

Audentio Design to do it for me
It looks great !
logo.png

Tapatalk Cons:
1. Mobile viewers get an annoying popup about Tapatalk every time they view the forum

Tapatalk popup will only show one time for each forum, if you got the popup on every page, that means you disabled browser cookie, so it can not remember it was already displayed. However it was already fixed in latest tapatalk plugin, it will check first if cookie was enabled, if not, the popup will never appear as all.
Also Tapatalk changed to display iOS smartbanner style of alert, it's more consistent with the site and it has the capability to open current topic inside App with the same topic view.

We've finally implemented Tapatalk since it was one of the most requested features among our members, and because we've been still running vB 3.8 which isn't exactly the most mobile-friendly software. Yet, I cannot say that it was an easy decision, and rightly so. Tapatalk isn't the most elegant software coding-wise, their clients are buggy and with each update new regressions get introduced, making it very difficult to explain to your own members that it's not in your hands to fix the issues. I would be happy to replace Tapatalk with a suitable web solution one day.

We've finally implemented Tapatalk since it was one of the most requested features among our members, and because we've been still running vB 3.8 which isn't exactly the most mobile-friendly software. Yet, I cannot say that it was an easy decision, and rightly so. Tapatalk isn't the most elegant software coding-wise, their clients are buggy and with each update new regressions get introduced, making it very difficult to explain to your own members that it's not in your hands to fix the issues. I would be happy to replace Tapatalk with a suitable web solution one day.
Responsive design for xenforo. :) Might consider converting off the dinosaur known as vBulletin. :)

Top Bottom