1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Assistance with Responsive design and header/background please

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by MMAcomm, Jul 18, 2015.

1. MMAcomm

MMAcomm Member

And Delete me ..... The resource below that is linked is correct. I was implementing wrong. Thank you

I have been reading the responsive design resource, but I'm pretty new to this. I am okay at using a media query at any one size.

Code:
    /* make the background and header different for Narrow responsive */
    <xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
    @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
    {
    CSS HERE
    }
    </xen:if>
    Now I need help understanding how to do something as I go from one responsive limit to the next.
    So when I use the above, that is telling it to apply that CSS for everything under the Narrow limit. I can get the same done for everything under the Medium limit. But then I'm applying both the Narrow CSS and the Medium CSS. How do I apply CSS under Narrow, above narrow and below medium, etc. ?

Thank you for any help!

I am reading this:

Responsive Design

When I attempt multiple widths, it applies the narrow and the medium stylings. That is my trouble spot

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Depending on the CSS you are applying, you should be able to override what is being applied at the narrow width in the medium width by adding a new property.