1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 [solved] XenForo Default Skin no responsive design

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Furai, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Furai

Furai Member

Hello,

Like the title of the thread states - default xenforo style isn't working with responsive design. I've made sure that responsive design is enabled for this style. I have no idea what's wrong whatsoever.

You can see for yourself. Go to forum.thd.vg, change default skin to XenforoDefault and see that it's not working.

Can anyone help me with fixing it?

Thanks in advance,
    Furai

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It is responsive - the sidebar collapses below the node list below a certain width.

upload_2015-11-6_11-46-11.png

However, some of the customisations you have made to the style (it isn't entirely default) are causing issues.
    You will need to identify which changed elements it is and edit or revert them.

See this guide for help: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/responsive-design.2193/

3. Furai

Furai Member

Yeah, I found that guide like an hour before. Then I realised that the problems are causing some of our custom modifications. I bet it's the navigation bar. I'll see what can I do about it. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I wish there was easy way to quickly see what elements are causing the problems. I know how to find modified style properties...

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The browser inspector is the easiest way - hit F12 and inspect the elements on the page to see which one is overflowing the viewport width.

5. Furai

Furai Member

It seems that navTab div doesn't shrink below 970px. Any pointers as to why?

6. Furai

Furai Member

Ok, found it. The administrator before me added custom background which had min-width property on it.