Responsive Design Options for Individual Accounts

Lewis_H

Hello. I'm a member on a couple of XenForo forums and I'm impressed. I have plans to start a community sometime over the next two years, and I am considering XF.

One question I have - is it possible to allow users to enable and disable responsive design on a per-account basis? I don't tend to browse forums on my phone, and would rather have information displayed at the side on my tablet, regardless of screen orientation.

Thanks.

Hello. I'm a member on a couple of XenForo forums and I'm impressed. I have plans to start a community sometime over the next two years, and I am considering XF.

One question I have - is it possible to allow users to enable and disable responsive design on a per-account basis? I don't tend to browse forums on my phone, and would rather have information displayed at the side on my tablet, regardless of screen orientation.

Thanks.
Not per-se as what I am thinking you are asking. You can have two styles, one configured as a responsive layout and then another as non-responsive. Then the end user can select which style they prefer.

How Tracy has explained it is exactly how I have it on my site.
A fixed width, non-responsive style and a maximum width responsive style.
Everyone's happy.

Top Bottom