XF 1.3 Responsive Design - Node list majorly messing up..

Jay182uk

So my forum looks fine (Community.MMAFederation.com)

apart from when 'responsive design' is enabled. When it IS enabled (it's currently disabled as we speak) and is viewed from a mobile phone, everything looks as it should, minus the node section on the index page. (Node_List.css) - when in an actual forum or in a thread, it's perfect, just the Node List on the index page is screwed.

it looks like this: photo.webp <- click

as you can see, the text (forum title, 'discussions/messages' section) is elongated and looks awful.

I've been advised that it must be the NODE_LIST.css templated, so I've had a look in there and a fiddle around but I can't seem to solve the problem, and no change I make improves on this appearance.

Here is the responsive code section of the NODE_LIST.css template incase anyone can identify a glaring error for me?

<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:mad:maxResponsiveMediumWidth)
{
.Responsive .node .nodeText
{
margin-right: 0;
}

.Responsive.Touch .node .nodeDescriptionTooltip,
.Responsive .node .nodeDescription
{
display: none;
}

.Responsive .node .nodeLastPost
{
position: static;
height: auto;
width: auto;
background: none;
border: none;
padding: 0;
margin: -{xen:calc '@nodeText.margin-bottom - 2'}px 0 @nodeText.margin-bottom @nodeText.margin-left;
}

.Responsive .node .nodeLastPost .noMessages
{
}

.Responsive .node .nodeLastPost .lastThreadTitle,
.Responsive .node .nodeLastPost .lastThreadUser
{
}

.Responsive .node .nodeLastPost .lastThreadDate:before
{
content: attr(data-latest);
}

.Responsive .node .nodeControls
{
}

.Responsive .node .subForumList
{
}

.Responsive .nodeDescriptionTip
{

}
}

@media (max-width:mad:maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
.Responsive .subForumsPopup
{
}
}
</xen:if>

Any help would be AWESOME! as my boss is on my back about this and I'd love to have a fix for it :p

thank you!!

Jay

Last edited:
Have you tried copying the contents of your node_list and node_list.CSS then reverting both templates. I think I looked at this before and the responsive CSS for this part wasn't loading at all.

Have you tried copying the contents of your node_list and node_list.CSS then reverting both templates. I think I looked at this before and the responsive CSS for this part wasn't loading at all.

Yeah, I have tried reverting it and it messed up the style all together =/
is there nothing glaring that you can see in the node_list responsive code above that could be stopping it from working when responsive design is switched on?
really stumped with this one, and don't want to have to reinstall the style all over again and have to make changes one by one

Top Bottom