Responsive AdSense

Responsive AdSense

Replace all your ads with Google Responsive ads and you won't have to go through trying to get the CSS right. Google does all the work for you.

Thanks, we've pretty much done this across the board with our network partner.

For some reason the Responsive Ad via Adsense via not fire in our ad_header. Any ideas?

Just to follow up on this, I've just tried to replace the code in ad_header with the following;

adsensecode.webp
And we've been left with just a blank area as seen below, even with IE which would usually show a blank/yellow/page can't be displayed preview.

blan.webp

Where's my error folks? Any ideas?

Thanks.

It's showing an ad for me, but the large logo image is reducing the width of your ad space to 600 pixels wide, so you'll be missing out on the wider (higher yeild) ads that might otherwise be displayed there:

upload_2017-1-18_22-11-18.webp

It's showing an ad for me, but the large logo image is reducing the width of your ad space to 600 pixels wide, so you'll be missing out on the wider (higher yeild) ads that might otherwise be displayed there:

View attachment 146570

Thanks for the response- but it's only showing now because I've reverted back to my half-functioning attempt at CSS cited in this previous post. You make a valid point, perhap worth taking a look at the logo aswell.

I've now reduced the logo size to ensure a 728x90 can fire... here's my code in both ad_header and extra.css...

Code:
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 3, 4, 6}">   
<div style="float: right; padding-top: 25px">
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- 1FF TR - 728x90 New Top Dynamic -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle overtaking-top-dynamic"
     style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-5677772815165071"
     data-ad-slot="1190928148"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>
</div>
</xen:if>

Extra.css

Code:
<style type="text/css">
.overtaking-top-dynamic {
width: 728px;
height: 90px;
}

@media(min-width: 470px) {
    width: 460px;
    height: 60px;
    }
}
</style>

When I swap the 728x90 Adsense code out for a Responsive unit, it doesn't like it at all, and fails to display whatsoever.

It displays great on Desktop now- and on Mobile it no longer stretches the page- but I'm pretty sure it DOES break Adsense T&C's.... because it's cutting some of the Ad unit off by forcing it to resize/chop... as can be seen below.

16128002_10158175750325002_247264395_n.webp

I'm pretty sure I'm nearly there; can anybody help me over the line please? :)

I'm attempting to add this to the ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb template, but getting:
403 Forbidden
A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.

Here is the template - what is the issue here? Thanks.:
<xen:hook name="ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb" />
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 16}">
<center>

<style type="text/css">
width: 320px;
height: 50px;
}

@media(min-width: 484px) {
width: 468px;
}
}

@media(min-width: 780px) {
}
}

</style>

<script async src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Overtaking Top - Dynamic -->
style="display:inline-block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxx"
data-ad-slot="xxx"></ins>
<script>
</script>

</center>

That looks like some sort of security mechanism on the server.

Contact your host and they should be able to help.

Hello, I've got this reply from the host: "From the log I don't see any error message. Did Xenforo team suggested to change any particular settings? Is there any option to enable debug logging in the forum application?"

I've been able to place the code now in the ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb template, which I've pasted below. However, nothing shows in the footer now. Am I missing something? The xxx's are filled in with the correct info from the code from Adsense, and I'm not in usergroup 16.
Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb" />
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 16}">
<center>

<style type="text/css">
width: 320px;
height: 50px;
}

@media(min-width: 484px) {
width: 468px;
}
}

@media(min-width: 780px) {
}
}

</style>

<script async src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Overtaking Top - Dynamic -->
style="display:inline-block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxx"
data-ad-slot="xxx"></ins>
<script>
</script>

</center>

This still isn't working for me. The code above is in the template yet it shows a blank space still. Does anything in the code look wrong? Any thoughts on resolve this? Thanks.

@Brogan It seems reply condition no longer works in latest xenforo version in 1. series. Basically, it is still showing ad in the second post even when there are only 2 posts on the page.

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 1 AND {$thread.reply_count} > 3 AND !{$visitor.user_id}">

I'm using the code in the ad_message_below template and the ads are always centred, is there a way to have the ads aligned to the left? Thanks.

Is it correct you may not hide normal adsense (not responsive) on mobile with this query?

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{  
.hide_on_mobile {display:none !important}
}

Top Bottom