1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Resource profile tab

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by Caelum, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Random thought: why not have a tab on users' profiles containing resources they submitted? Might be more intuitive than searching the resource manager for a specific user's submissions, but might be a lousy idea too. Just throwing it out there.

2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Definitely a good idea. It also integrates with Follows to take me to the profile of developers I know have done resources I value.

Jake Bunce
    the main ones.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just in case you weren't aware, there is a link on the member card.
    Morgain likes this.
  4. Morgain

True Brogan and useful to know.
    Actually I think as well as a tab there should be a link in the Profile left sidebar,in the userbit (the info under the medium avatar shown by posts) That would make a member's Resources very accessible and would be particularly appropriate on this site.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's been there for some time as well. :)
  6. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed actually, cheers. Still think it'd be much easier to find if it were actually on the profile too though.

The thing is, both these links link to a second page rather than being on the profile page itself, and are kinda tucked away. Using a profile tab, user wouldn't have to switch to a new page just to view someone's resources, and might be able to more easily find them if they overlook those other two links, like I did.
  7. Morgain

Mike if I look at Brogan's userbit on this thread above there's no Resources link
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Oh, I thought that the message user info was a separate suggestion from the profile (page) part.
  9. Morgain

I agree I wasn't quite clear. I was working it out as I wrote the message.

But it seems cool to have "Resources" under your status - then wherever you are people can access your goodies.
    When Brogan mentions one of his tutorials or Jake his addons I just click under their name.
    This would also unclutter signatures a lot.

Having it on the Membercard is good too. Plus it would be in the expected place under the avatar, on the profile page.
  10. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Good suggestion :)
  11. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Bump.... Is this profile tab going to be implemented? It is a good idea. (y)
  12. Morgain

To go on the profile page as well - no harm in the profile tab as well - Resources are important.
    oman_xf likes this.
  13. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member