Resource icon

Resource Manager - Thread Reassign 1.0.1

No permission to download
I thought the RM FAQ said we can merge an existing thread with the new automatically created thread?

I thought the RM FAQ said we can merge an existing thread with the new automatically created thread?
You can.

This add-on provides an alternative option.
To give an example why Chris's mod is useful...

Using RM 'out of the box' you can assign an RM category to either create an automatic thread or not when a resource is added. When the automatic thread is created you end up with a generic "A new resource has been added..." type thread. As Brogan said, you could then merge that with an existing thread so that the merged threads are associated to the resource.

If you wanted to move some existing forum threads into the RM but do not want that generic "A new resource has been added..." post in the merged thread you can turn off the RM category option to prevent the new thread from being automatically created. Then go into the RM and create the new Resource item. You may have to copy & paste the contents or whatever else you want into the new Resource. After creating the new resource you can then reassign the new resource to an existing user. Now use Chris's mod to then reassign the new resource to existing thread ID. Viola, you're done! The new Resource entry will now show as being created by the existing user you assigned it to and it will be associated to the existing thread that you selected. You could take it one step further by using Chris's other add-on to then backdate the Resource to be the same date as the reassigned thread so that it appears as though it was always in the RM.

If you have a lot of threads to move into the RM it will take a little bit of time & patience but, between the RM functionality to reassign the resource to a different user and Chris's add-ons to change the associated thread & date, you can get the job done without much aggravation.

When i manually merge the new thread created by a new resource to an existing thread, the discussion tab on the resource is gone.
Can I use this addon to recreate the discussion tab which link to the merged thread?

Yeah but there's no need to merge threads at all.

Just use this add-on to assign directly to the existing thread. The add-on can delete the new thread for you, or you can just change your RM options so the new thread isn't automatically created at all.

Any plans to update this for XF1.2 and RM 1.0.2?

Code:
Error
Please enter a valid callback method (RmThreadReassign_Listener::extendControllers).

Top Bottom