Resource Manager Questions

The Dark Wizard

Hey guys!

I PMed mike with some questions on the RM and he told me to come ask on the forums because other users will be able to answer my questions(Hes really busy and I feel bad for PMing him any way :<).

Just had a few questions before it goes on sale.

I know that addons can make a thread but my question is can you link an existing thread to a new resource/addon/submission or what ever you call them?

Can new submissions be added to moderation for approval? If so do you need ACP level access or can a "moderator" do it?

I might have some more questions in the future but I think those are good ones for now.

I want to be able to add databases, manage resources like tasks, build custom cotent pages outside of posting content etc....it's very limiting...

You can compare it to IP.Content yourself and find out the differences that justify the 15$ price difference (IP.Content costs 75$)...

I want to be able to add databases, manage resources like tasks, build custom cotent pages outside of posting content etc....it's very limiting...

You can compare it to IP.Content yourself and find out the differences that excuse the 15$ price difference (IP.Content costs 75$)...

Those jobs sound like custom development material.

You can compare it to IP.Content yourself and find out the differences that excuse the 15$ price difference (IP.Content costs 75$)...

The 2 products seem vastly different in their approach/functionality? IP content looks like a CMS looking at the IPB site.

The 2 products seem vastly different in their approach/functionality? IP content looks like a CMS looking at the IPB site.

Actually, the IP.Content is a Resource Manager but has way way more features....that's why i can not justify the price between them comparing their features and functionality/abilities

I'm not saying that the core members will not buy it, but for somebody new, that's doing comparisons between the softwares, doesn't look good, and i see no point of spending 60$ on Resources Manager that can do A B C and not in IP.Content that costs 75$ and can do A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z...

Ok, Resources Manager is priced correctly...can't go any further into this convo, i quit...

I was just saying my and a few others thoughts that i asked, because i was between IPB and XenForo

Well, I ask you for some examples of what the XF RM is missing, or you would needed added to make up the $60 cost, or even ask you what you would pay for it, and you can't answer any of those systems, except to point to IP Content... which seems like a CMS, and not a Resources Manager. So its comparing Apples and Oranges...

Well, I ask you for some examples of what the XF RM is missing, or you would needed added to make up the $60 cost, or even ask you what you would pay for it, and you can't answer any of those systems, except to point to IP Content... which seems like a CMS, and not a Resources Manager. So its comparing Apples and Oranges...
You are getting it all wrong defining what a Resources Manager and a CMS is. A CMS like IP.Content contains a Resources Manager, a part of IP.Content is a Resources Manager, a portion. So its absolutely comparable. And i have stated what XF RM is missing to justify the 60$ price compared to 75$ that IP.Content costs, that at the end of the day provides a full CMS system than just a Resources Manager.

No, comparable would be IP.Downloads, not content. Sure you can do a lot of things with IP.Content but for it to be what the resource manager is your going to spend a lot of time doing it, thus the $60 is easily worth it. But you seem to think the content plugin can do all this easily, but your mistaken.

So all v1.0 products should be over priced? Makes no sense...
Would you prefer that it was priced cheaper, but then every major upgrade gets a price increase? I'm sure far more people would complain about that (IPS did this, and it wasn't met with the best responses).

A lot of v1.0 products come "overpriced", but that's how development gets paid for so that it will be more than worth the amount you paid for.
You are getting it all wrong defining what a Resources Manager and a CMS is. A CMS like IP.Content contains a Resources Manager, a part of IP.Content is a Resources Manager, a portion. So its absolutely comparable. And i have stated what XF RM is missing to justify the 60$ price compared to 75$ that IP.Content costs, that at the end of the day provides a full CMS system than just a Resources Manager.
Just because the two share an aspect of functionality doesn't mean they're comparable. The RM isn't a CMS, which is what it sounds like you want.

Assume $60 is high price for the functionality of the RM; then what would be considered a reasonable renewal fee? Should that renewal fee be separate from the forum license, if so then what is the RM renewal fee worth to you now?

What would you price the RM at? Just curious.
$90 would already be very good value for money IMO. $60 is really priced extremely low.

XF had to endure a lot of crap this last year and IMHO its important to get enough income to be able to invest in additional development. We all read what massive debt XF has to deal with.

Thanks dude :) That's pretty much sold us .... is it here yet!

Final question, once again may have been answered already, can you put up an article in draft mode (where the public can't see it) and have someone with "editor" access check, modify, change the article and then publish it?

Not a deal breaker for us, looks like we might have to change on out a few bits and bobs to turn it into the review module we have been lusting after for a few months now.

What about changing the date of creation? - lots of stuff already in existence using another adddon and dont want to lose the ID stuff. Can do the username but not the date.

Top Bottom