Resource Manager Early Mockup - Your Thoughts?

TheBigK

I found that an early screenshot of the Resources Manager was posted in announcements section: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-update-may-2011.16084/

resource-mgr-png.15155

The current version of XF Resource Manger looks very different. Frankly speaking, I like this look more than what we have right now :)

What do you say?

Looks good. I'd be interested in finding out what exactly you can do with it. Obviously we know you can use it as a download manager, but I'm guessing there are a few other fancy features too!

The feedback from the members on the very first version of the RM is why it is the way it is now.

It had a significant number changes to it from the very first release to what is running now.

The feedback from the members on the very first version of the RM is why it is the way it is now.

It had a significant number changes to it from the very first release to what is running now.
I can see why - the newer one does look nicer than the above screenshot (IMO).

I think a mod or Admin better modify that screenshot... The last word on the 5th article says that the RM would be "free"...

Just trying to save you tons of replies and countless threads complaining that its advertised as free ( shhhhh ).. lol.;)

Regards..

I think a mod or Admin better modify that screenshot... The last word on the 5th article says that the RM would be "free"...

Just trying to save you tons of replies and countless threads complaining that its advertised as free ( shhhhh ).. lol.;)

Regards..
That is talking about a fictitious product not the RM :)

Yeah but you can better ya bottom dollar the perpetual moaners will pickup on it...

Just trying to save The Crew a ton of replies to naff complaints... lol.:whistle:

Regards..

Yeah but you can better ya bottom dollar the perpetual moaners will pickup on it...

Just trying to save The Crew a ton of replies to naff complaints... lol.:whistle:

Regards..

What's to pick up on? It's a dummy resource that Kier's added, not the resource manager itself.

Regards..

I have it installed already,free.
It's title is: Wife instead of RM.

What's to pick up on? It's a dummy resource that Kier's added, not the resource manager itself.
Thread title reads...Resources Manager Early Mockup.
Screenshot taken from threads/development-update-may-2011.16084/

And YES .. I do know its a mockup...

I was pointing out the word FREE so that perpetual trolls and moaning whingbags dont make life hell for the crew....

Geez... As well as moaners... people should read whats actually written..

Regards..

Thread title reads...Resources Manager Early Mockup.
<snip>

Geez... As well as moaners... people should read whats actually written..

Regards..
Exactly. Read the "addon" in the screenshot, it is an addon to entice and delight your sense of mystery. Guess what, it will be free :)

But that version in the SS, according to the text, requires 26GB of ram, and 8TB of disk space. :eek:

It's not meant to be a version of the Resource Manager, it's meant to be a dummy addon that Kier's added to the Resource Manager as an example, hence the stupidly high requirements.

Frankly speaking, I like this look more than what we have right now :)

What do you say?
What I like about the first mockup is that it's less cluttered at the top, also the use of a logo/pic for the add-on instead of the user avatar IMO looked better and made more sense. But other than that, the new layout makes more sense.

One suggestion to reduce the clutter at the top: remove the 'post resource update' button at the top right. It's already to the right below "Resource tools" which is enough. No need to clutter the top with yet another button. Furthermore a 'call to action' button is not required for resource updates as they will come naturally.

Top Bottom