Resource and Add-on Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

The main page lists the 20 most recently updated add-ons: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

No - New not updated... Big difference :D

I can easily see the NEW posts I have not read in a forum.
Can't the same technology be used to display the new addons ?

Exactly - i dont necessarilly with to see lots of updates, if i did i would subscribe to the post - i'm coming from the new releases side of stuff, so as to not loose visability :)

Anything new being added could be a new resource or an update to an existing resource.

The Latest Updates tab works the same as What's New in that respect, or the thread listing - the latest ones are pushed to the top.

I'm really just trying to explain how the RM works. If the decision had been taken to not auto-create a thread (which is an ACP option) when a resource is added or updated, then you would only have the RM option anyway.

I dunno, I just personally love What's New, and would prefer not to have to go basically looking at 2 different pages for new content. I understand What's New is specific for forum topics, but... maybe it's a suggestion XF can look into allowing NEW/UPDATED releases to show in What's New. Once the whole convert to the resource manager cools down, we won't be having 10 new resources popping every day, and it will be left with me being forced to click Resource Manager to hope they'll be new resources, but sometimes, it could be a week or two possibly without something new or worth my while.

That in the end would create a bad user experience for me and would discourage me from clicking on the resource manager as much.

Well Recent Activity does actually include new resource uploads.
Of course it's not paginated like What's New so you have to keep loading older items to find them.

recent-activity.webp

I would also counter with, how is it easier to click What's New and pick out individual resource discussion threads with no replies, which signify a new resource has been posted, rather than just clicking on the Resources tab?

I should just note that "What's New?" is under the forum tab for a reason - it's new forum content (posts). You'll note the name of the page you end up on as well.

If you want a multi-content "what's new?", you're looking at a) a big potential performance penalty (if it has to take into account what you've read), b) a generic layout - like search results or recent activity, or c) umm, recent activity. :)

You are always going to need to click to find new content of different content types if you want a content-specific display that you may be used to. Really, clicking onto the resource manager and seeing the latest updates is no different than clicking onto "what's new", is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom