XF 1.5 Resolved - White Page Errors

Wesker

Have another urgent issue.

- Site was working fine then all of a sudden completely blank. Drives are okay.
- No server error logs
- Backend loads up but has this script issues (See image)

Last edited:
If it happened suddenly with no changes made by you, contact your host and ask them what changed and to investigate.

However, the front end of the site listed against your license has this message:
We're currently having an outage with Server #1. We attempted to switch to our backup server but running into various configuration issues. We're currently working on various potential solutions to fixing this issue that has never previously happened.
There is no current ETA on when the site will be back online (anytime in the next 1-24 hours).

If it happened suddenly with no changes made by you, contact your host and ask them what changed and to investigate.

However, the front end of the site listed against your license has this message:

Already opened a ticket. Paid for expediting services. You have any idea what this could be?

hey if your using cloudflare it will disable your js, css and poor loading of your site ... if you did anything with cloudflare it might be the issue... other than that ask for a backup

You have any idea what this could be?
Their main server had a major issue and their backup/recovery plan did not work (and probably had not been tested to work) so now they are scrambling trying to fix it?
If that's a major hosting provider I'd be looking for a move. There is no reason that a VPS (if that's what you are on) should be own for upwards of 24 hours. It should be as simple as migrating the VM instance to a new VPS server.

Their main server had a major issue and their backup/recovery plan did not work (and probably had not been tested to work) so now they are scrambling trying to fix it?
If that's a major hosting provider I'd be looking for a move. There is no reason that a VPS (if that's what you are on) should be own for upwards of 24 hours. It should be as simple as migrating the VM instance to a new VPS server.

Issue ended up actually not having to do anything with the drives. Several people worked on this and alot of inaccurate information

While one of the drives failed it wasn't the core issue. This was the core issue: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/white-page-and-broken-pages.113427/ and this is how to fix it.

Something must have happened to require a master data rebuild.

XF forums don't just break for no reason.

Brief Summary:

I had 2 known xf teams here work on this in addition to our guy here. Initially the host stated both drives stopped working until I called in our dedicated support manager to handle this to find out that wasn't the case, they were looking at the old drive and didn't properly boot the primary drive.

After we got over that hurdle, we fully audited and made changes to the server

Log check Engix
File permissions check
Network tab checks
Console logs
Disble cache
Disable Plugins
Last Edited Files
Server Error Logs
Admin Errors Logs
Other Logs

No issues when we reviewed, disabled these.

We began researching xf boards to see if anyone had similar issues. We found that link above.

We then reviewed the config.php and removed some firewall code we had setup and performed a master rebuild. It was involving a specific security firewall we have setup. I am quite puzzled by this as well but once we did comment those out everything seems to be working normally.

Not sure what we could have done to prevent this from happening but this is the cons of using way too many plugins.

Top Bottom