XF 1.3 [RESOLVED] Email Problems

imandings

Hey guys,

I have cPanel Hosting, however, my emails are with Resellerclub to IP protection (essentially to stop skiddies trying to DOS me).

Now, when configuring the emails, it seems to be failing. Can you shed some light? If needed, I can submit a ticket with FTP etc, so you can look into it.

Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to andy@chitterbyte.com failed: 5.7.1 <andy@chitterbyte.com>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user mailings@chitterbyte.com -library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
Generated By: Andy, 2 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(289): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(Array, 300)
#1 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(211): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->rcpt('andy@chitterbyt...')
#2 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(1029): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(922): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#6 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
#7 /home/chitterb/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/chitterb/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "http://www.chitterbyte.com/admin.php?users/email-send"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(10) {
["test"] => string(15) "Send Test Email"
["criteria"] => string(132) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"],"custom_exact":{"sexual_orientation":1,"relationship_status":1}}"
["total"] => string(2) "17"
["from_name"] => string(28) "Chitterbyte Community Forums"
["from_email"] => string(24) "mailings@chitterbyte.com"
["email_title"] => string(7) "Test Email"
["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
["email_body"] => string(24) "Hi this is a test!"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

The email address you are sending from does not match the email you are logging in with is the typical cause of that error (if you are using the SMTP email feature).

So your smtp user settings is mailings@chitterbyte.com and that is also who the email shows from (configured in the ACP)?
Yup see below.

29f8a2ff07.png

I don't know if it will effect it (I use postfix myself) but try removing the bounced email address.
If that doesn't work you need to get with the smtp provider and see if they can find the error in their mailer log.

Top Bottom