Resend Account Verification Email - not Forgot your Password link

elbav

Running XF now for quite a while, I am getting about 15% of new user signups complaining that they did not receive the email for user confirmation.

My question is not about what could cause this, but how a user can get his verification email sent to him again.

According to this old thread :

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/resend-password-email.14907/

the only option a user got, is to click on the "Forgot your Password" link in the login screen.

Well, I guess most users do not get the idea of that. Is there any other way / addon / template modification / whatever, to have a simple link called - " resend verification email " ... which than leads to a simple screen where the user puts his email in and gets it resend ?

Is there any way to get this achieved ?

Thanks for any help i can get.

I like to keep things simple...

You could change the template to read:

"Forgot your Password / Resend Verification E-Mail"

And amend the wording on the lost-password screen to include mention of the Verification e-mail.

Should make it less confusing.

Yorick, this is an excellent idea.

I like it and already implemented it. Works nice and makes things easier for users. Thanks a lot.

Only thing to improve this, would be to show the "lost password" link below the "Sign Up Now!" button in the sidebar of the Forum.
That would be the icing on the cake.

Not sure if this can be done by template modification or if it not possible at all?

Absolutely possible.

Go to the "sidebar_visitor_panel" template.

Find:

Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

and replace with:

Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
<div class="lostPassword" align="center"><a href="{xen:link lost-password}" class="OverlayTrigger OverlayCloser" tabindex="106">{xen:phrase forgot_your_password}</a></div>

Top Bottom