Reselling XenForo License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmar

Hi, i am thinking to buy a Used XenForo License from my mate. Is this allowed?

#1. Let's say i am buying a license from a guy i know, it's already been resold twice? Allowed or not?
#2. I buy a license from a guy that have never resold hes license.

I'm also interest in buying second hand license thats sells in some forums, If I do buy from them, should XF transferred the license for me? is there is some form need to fill ?
When buying second hand the license holder has to open a ticket with your information. Name, Address, Email and telephone number, you will then get a email with your login.

Consider too... it could be worth the extra money to buy a full license for the sheer fact you can resell it later yourself and make some of the money back, with these second hand license's you're stuck.
Your never "stuck" with a xenforo License (y) unless you want to get out of the forum Biz altogether.

But I do have a question, does it count as a transfer if it remains on the same URL

Your never "stuck" with a xenforo License (y) unless you want to get out of the forum Biz altogether.

But I do have a question, does it count as a transfer if it remains on the same URL
I'm "stuck" with mine, it is expired, it cannot be sold without paying more money to a company that treats its customers with utter contempt, something I'm not prepared to do. Otherwise it'd be out the door in seconds.

I'm "stuck" with mine, it is expired, it cannot be sold without paying more money to a company that treats its customers with utter contempt, something I'm not prepared to do. Otherwise it'd be out the door in seconds.

The transfer requirement is in the license agreement. There is no room for exception. Otherwise I would be happy to help you with this. Sorry.

The transfer requirement is in the license agreement. There is no room for exception. Otherwise I would be happy to help you with this. Sorry.
Oh I understand Jake, I have no issue with it. I knew what I signed up for. Just pointing out I can't get rid of it. :)

It isn't a money issue, it's just a principle, I don't want it any more.

I'll pay for the renewal fee and then you can transfer it to me if you have to get rid of it.

Believe me, xF licenses are VERY much in demand as opposed to the other paid solutions.

Same here I want another one for a project I am working on just let me know if you want to make a deal, a first edition would be perfectly fine for the comunity I have in mind

You still aren't stuck with it. Work out the cost associated with upgrading the license in the deal.

I think I'd be interested in a second-hand license as well. I'm an administrator on a large forum that uses XenForo and I'm simply loving it. For my forum project, I cannot afford a license myself sadly. But, I would love to make a role play forum using the software.

This software is a lot of fun. I'll admit that. ^_^

Well I doubt he can make a profit. People would sooner buy a new license than a used license that costs more. o_O
YEP not interested in near cost it cost 100.00 needs a 40.00 extension and can't be transferred again. I buy tools in pawn shops and often see them trying to get retail for used equipment when the value is at best 50% of new , meaning the best offer to be expected is $30.00 plus the extension of $40 or a loss of 70% of the original investment. But that's the cost of Hobbies. Software is not an investment that one should expect to grown in value like a baseball card. and lets face it Forums can be a money pit.

Sure for someone representing XF it seems all perfectly clear. For others, this kind of behavior (and ignorance of the law) makes you look not much better than the competitors that you learned to hate so much.

As much as you come across as a p***k I agree, this "we'll write whatever into our licenses and the law be damned" attitude just plain sucks and they only rely on people not bothering to take them to task.

No, I mean it's really not ironic. The lawsuit in no way resembles the clause in the license agreement about transfers. The comparison doesn't hold up.

...makes you look not much better than the competitors that you learned to hate so much.

Well then, you should probably act on your perception. I personally object to doing business with IB because of their behavior. If you think us like them then I recommend not doing business with us anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom