1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requirements For xF

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Brandon_R, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

What are the server requirements for xF. PHP, MYSQL, Apache versions etc?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

this has been posted before, php 5.2 and mysql 5.0, you can use apache1 or 2 and iis or nginx

3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Thanks. I guess i should of used the search function. Silly me.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

No problem though :D As long as your question gets answered.

5. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Oh...does the search function work? I quit using that. :). I am used to them not working that well.

I need to try that out.

6. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Ya me to, on most forums i use which is mostly vbulletin the results are usually trash unless i go on google and type site:domain.com and search. I doubt XenForo.com is indexed fully in google.

7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Im surprised the requirement isn't PHP 5.3 since i see around the XenForo-0-sphere that the plugin system is Object oriented with listeners etc

9. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Citation please?

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Luckily the search actually works. ;)

vrtsolus likes this.
  11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, aside from the fact that very few people actually run 5.3 currently, I'm not sure how 5.3 would help this particular example? Don't get me wrong, closures would be nice and so would late static binding (not too fussed about namespaces), but it wouldn't make a difference for event handling with the implementation we have. (Well, I suppose you could use closures if attaching to events in a certain way.)