XF 2.0 Require specific email domain for registration

Hi everyone

I am currently running an informal forum among the crews of a regional airline. Since we are about 1000 crew members in four different cities on two different aircraft types I can not know everyone.

So whenever a new member wants to register I want them to use their company email because this proves easily they actually work for us even though I do not know them.

Is there any way to make xenforo accept only email addresses for users coming from @example.com and reject all other emails straight during the registration?

I have already set the phrases so they are told to use only their company email for this. But half the people don’t read even though they are allowed to fly airplanes.....

It's not possible to whitelist email addresses, only blacklist.

You could use manual approval and reject any which don't have the correct email domain.

You could also try banning the common email domains such as gmail, hotmail, outlook, etc.

Yeah that’s what I am doing right now. Check them all during manual approval and if they come with @gmx.net or whatever I reset to their company email and send them a password reset.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. I hoped there was some kind of workaround using wildcards in a creative way.

But I think I will go with blacklisting the most common providers.

Top Bottom