1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Require members agree to updated terms on login

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by cmeinck, May 16, 2013.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

I've recently updated the terms and conditions on my forum. Is there a way to force users to agree to the new terms upon login?

2. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Well, you can mass-email them and inform them about the changes. Give them an ultimatum, like if they don't respond to the changes within a time frame, they automatically accept the new terms. For everyone that doesn't accept the new terms you can offer them to close or delete their accounts.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You could use my Notifications add-on or even just the default notices system.

Wording to the effect of:

"By continuing to use this site you agree to our updated Terms and Rules."
    Liam W, Tracy Perry and Shelley like this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'd recommend and second that Chris Deeming's Notifications over notices would be my suggestion. It's more subtle yet it still offers that prominence your looking for. I recently moved the cookies notice away from notices and migrated that into notifications and it's done the trick and serves it's purpose nicely.
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

And I'm still waiting on that special "Oreo Cookie" theme for doing that.... more waiting is required. :p
    Shelley likes this.
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

What you need is a good ole coffee theme and then get the imagery to give it the personal Oreo touch. Plus what you would also ne.... *runs away from thread*
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  7. Tracy Perry

Coffee and Oreos... echh... More like a glass of ice cold half and half.
    And, I've got a puppy that just loves to play fetch, and she's REALLY fast and good about retrieving. :D
  8. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Oreos? Disgusting things mind, now before I get killed Notices would work, and themes really aren't that hard to make (especially as those notifications allow for custom CSS ;)).
  9. Tracy Perry

Don't particularly like them myself (prefer Pecan Sandies from Nabisco), but almost everyone associates Oreos with Cookies (next to chocolate chip - echh, chocolate).
    Hey... that's it... the Keebler elf! :p