1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Require Like Or Thanks to see Link.

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by GreenMeanie, Dec 24, 2011.

1. GreenMeanie

GreenMeanie Member

Make a user click a thanks or like button to see a LINK.
    Veer and IcEWoLF like this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Er... how would they know they liked it if they can't see it?

Can I give you $50,000 for a car, and then see what I bought afterwards? lol
    bousaid, Vodkaholic and IcEWoLF like this.
  3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

im not sure how this will go over. for years this was one of the verboten hacks on vb.org. not sure it would be any different here.
    IcEWoLF likes this.
  4. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Looks more like an "appreciate your effort" link.
  5. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Why was it verboten ?

You could always UNLIKE it if you didn't like it.
    Maybe the like button would Toggle Spoiler BBCode ?
    Fuhrmann likes this.
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Oh sure, I can also ask for a refund on my $50,000 I bought without seeing it first... I mean if it turns out I didn't like it.

Just seems completely counter-intuitive in my opinion... "You must like this in order to see what it is. But you can always unlike it afterwards if you decided you didn't actually like it."

How about just like it if you like it (after you've seen it, so you have something to actually base your liking it on)?
    Fuhrmann likes this.
  8. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

the 'lockdown' hack was forbidden because of its strong association with warez boards.
    any lockdown-type hack (or 'hosting' hack for that matter) would likely draw the attention of k.a.m., so id ask them about it before spending time working on a public release.