Lack of interest Request to Xenforo Devpt Team: Copy & Paste Excel Files

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

T Money

If I may make a request to XF team:

It would be extremely helpful to be able to copy and paste spreadsheets from Excel to Xenforo (without using special BB codes/CSS). This is rather surprising this has not yet been addressed, and I'm sure there are many others who can benefit from it.

Until then, I will have to resort to attaching the excel file (which is cumbersome to readers) or worse yet, manually type it into the text field.

Are there any current efforts under way?

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Maybe I should provide more details, perhaps there is a solution:

In my forum I would like to share data that often comes as Excel files. What I was hoping to do was copy and paste the Excel spreadsheet onto the XF post and not having to attach excel file at all.

I have considered posting a screenshot of the excel file as a jpeg, but there are two problems with this: I can't take a screenshot of anything bigger than what's on the screen; and readers can't copy and paste the values from a jpeg file.

I looked for an add-on but it appears there is none I have found. I considered Resources add-on but it too doesn't seem to be appropriate.

Any suggestions?

To answer your question directly, no, there are no current efforts under way for this. To be honest, it's not something I recall a specific request for in the past. It's fair to say that people have suggested tables support, but I don't recall anything specifically related to Excel. This leads me to believe that it is generally of little benefit to most customers.

That said, the thread being moved to the Suggestions forum, as I have done, is the best way to gauge that. Suggestions are often implemented based on their perceived popularity; any one who supports this suggestion should "like" the first post.

Top Bottom