• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Request] - Looking for NNTP/Email integration...

Paul

Hi all,

Well have just had a run in with my current host for trying to download my vB mysql db. it's too big (well it is around 1.6Gb!). Fair enough i guess.

So looks like i may have to make the move from vB to Xf sooner than hoped - moving from current hosting onto my new VPS. They are supplying me with a db backup tonight! No immediate hurry for this Mod tho, as it's not an "active" site - more like an archive at present, however it's something that i would like to have working within a month really...

To that end i'm looking for someone that might be able to throw something together for me under this. I will obviously pay for this mod, however i would like it made available to all - sort of a small contribution to all the wonderful work thats going on here!

Basically it needs to have the same functionality as this:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92588&highlight=nntp

So, this mod allows integration with nntp and email - on the NNTP side it will connect and log on to a user specified news server and download the messages, placing them in the user specified forum. On the e-mail side it will parse a mailbox and put any messages found in that mailbox into another user specified forum - current output for news can be seen here :

http://www.pinballinfo.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-rec.games.pinball

I have already contacted one person with regards to this mod, and he will take a look next week sometime, however would like obviously others views/thoughts, and also to know if anyone else might be able to do this work??

Many thanks
Paul

Guys,

Thought i'd bounce this one, since no replies over the last month. Just wondered if any of you pro's out there are interested in something like this yet? It's like i said - happy to pay - just needs someone to agree to do it! The plus is that a VB version exists, so it's almost like porting from one system to the other!

Cheers
Paul

Top Bottom